Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Hello, what DMD chip is used? Is it the DLP230NP?

Actually, on ali the Fengmi R1 Nano is alpd 1200 ansi lumen ust, can be powered with usb-c from the powersupply or a powerbank. And cost less than 900€.
So 450 ansi lumen for that price is actually NOT interesting.
Fengmi R1 consumes also 90w for 1200 ansi lumen
Screeneo u4 has 450 ansi lumen and also consumes 90w. Bad power conversion in a time were electricity is a big cost.
Sorry this product is like it is designed in 2010,
Not 2022
Im happy with my pp max one wich i paid from an official dealer with warranty on ebay for 450€. For me the price of the u4 defends not the specs.
The pp max one has 800 ansi lumen and consumes 60 watt.
Sorry for me it is not even a niche product, just a product developed in 2010, tried to sell in 2022 :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hello, for your information the fengmi is also 450 ANSI Lumens equivalent to 850 Lumens exactly like our U4. We use the same optical engine.
Also, don’t forget that purchasing on Aliexpress will cost you also the VAT + SOmetimes even importation tax.
Please see our video here showing the U4 against Max: you can see that our U4 has even a better contrast: Philips Screeneo U4 Vs PicoPix Max - YouTube

Hi! I disabled on my xbox 24p playback to see how a 24p looks with 60fps and the pulldown/judder was for me very irritating.
After this understanding I ask for refund and it’s done. Good, but…

I somehow like the concept of the u4 a lot. I can live with 1080p shifting thing and all other disadvantage compared with my oled but the judder would permanently interfere. I think for gaming it’s great, but not for movies.

Do I make a mistake with my testing?
Or could you make 24p playback possible on a u4 successor or a u4 upgrade version.

hello there,

We understand from where you are coming from. Unfortunately only high end projectors with special chip or 3LCD projectors can have this auto refresh rate.

Ok no 24p understand. But what’s about something like intermediate image calculation from the s6?
Is this a hardware or a software thing?
Please make this a point for a successor!

Do you mean MEMC?

I mean the function that leads to the so-called “soap effect” when the values are too high.
Every manufacturer has its own name. TruMotion, SmoothMotion etc. maybe MEMC is correct.

Soap opera effect is irritating like judder for some people. An intermediate solution would be great.
Hope you understand what I mean :laughing:
Look I’m not picture nerd and I don’t know much about the technical backgroud . I am a normal tv watcher and this is my subjective opinion about the moving image. I don’t need the perfect result, but there are some things that can significantly affect the cinema experience. Even my wife reacts to too much soap effect or judder.

The question now is if 24p is not possible, is any kind of TrueMotion possible to compensate the 24p/60p pulldown?

Hello,

yes we understand the soap opera :slight_smile: We also use a technology called FlowMotion which is MEMC but this one is more for jutter. With a 60fps you won’t have this issue at all. We checked many Netflix or Amazon Prime moviesand TV shows with it: no issues.

Great. Now I’m annoyed again because of my backpedal :frowning:
I was among the first 150 . can I review one? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
However have a nice weekend

Ahah no worries. For the moment we sent our 30 samples to the press.

Hello

Do screeneo u4 support hdmi earc ? Can support Dolby Atmos soundbar ??

Hello,
Yes we have ARC on the second HDMI port.
BUt the best way is always to connect the source to the soundbar and the soundbar back to the projector

Strange. The Vivitek Qumi Q8 (1920x1080) 1000 ansi lumen, accepting 24P… So why not this projector? The price was around 1000€ including taxes…
And this projector is not cheap neither :thinking::thinking::thinking:
So technical it is possible in pocket projectors​:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:. If Vivitek can do it…

And does it output 24p? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi there, the Qumi is not an ultra short throw projector

That is not the point. I know that too. The point is, it is possible to have 24p on a pocket projector. And 24p is way more sharper than 50 or 60hZ :relieved:

unfortunately not. 24p are for higher end projector as far as we know.

Hello, I have been trying to contact you by email and also on indiegogo. Is it possible to cancel an order before shipment starts?
Thanks!

Hello! we are sorry about it, have you contacted us to indiegogo@philipsprojection.com?