Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Hello,
Unfortunately not we have only ARC.
You can get DOlby Digital 5.1 but not ATMOS.

Hello there! Already answered in another thread about Stereo

Hello,

I just received my U4 projector yesterday and was quite unimpressed vs. my PicoPix Max and it is just now laying on my table unplugged after spending 4 hrs last night trying to find a good use for it in multiple settings around my apartment.

The screen clarity was fuzzy even after auto focus, and auto keystone always resulted in a trapezoidal image or an error message that keystone is out of range even with a small angle from straight. Even when adjusting keystone manually I couldnā€™t seem to get a good image.

Additionally, the USB port cannot power my chromecast which is very annoying that I have to get a type c charger specially for the chromecast device. The whole concept of not having a built in OS is frustrating to be honest and this just adds to it. We were aware of having to use our own stick but for the USB not to provide enough power to it beats the purpose.

I want to know the possibility of a return please. I was very excited to use this but it does not seem to serve its purpose for me. I even tried to use it to replace my work screens but the text is fuzzy and not comfortable to read.

I also saw the carton having some dents on it when delivered, I dont know if this has damaged my device internally somehow and that is the cause of the poor image produced or if thatā€™s how itā€™s supposed to be (no signs of damage on the device itself, only on the external carton). I felt I am not getting the same clarity I saw in review videos you have posted on YouTube.

Please advise how to proceed - primarily I would like to return for a refund. Apologies for the long email but after spending all this money and wait this long and not be as immensely satisfied as I was with the PPM is very disappointing to me.

Many thanks in advance,
Karam

Hi Support, I donā€™t get this regarding U4: in IDGG, you stated itā€™s HDMI 2.1, so it should be eARC and then support Atmos?

hello, concerning the Google TV dongle: we have tested it yesterday and it works without any issues. We have the exact same model. What type of message do you have ?
Concerning the image, a projection from the bottom of the wall is different from the front. If your wall as the smallest imperfection, the light will reflect on it and unfortunately you will get a fuzzy image

Hello, there is just ARC, not eARC as stated in our page.

I tried multiple USB cables and the dongle turns on but then gives a message that not enough power is provided by the USB port. I tried with a power bank and it worked but thatā€™s not sustainable.

Regarding the image, it is definitely not clear on the edges and only somewhat sharp in the center of the image. I spent hours trying multiple things with no luck - also the image is warped and I cant get it straight without manually adjust keystone (and even then the image edges are a bit rounded).

How can I request a return please?

1 Like

Hello, please send a message to our after sales team: indiegogo@philipsprojection.com

1 Like

Add me to the list of U4 owners who canā€™t power the Chromecast HD from the USB port.

Hello, we just purchased the HD version. On our side the 4K version works. The HD version was launched after we finished the hardware of U4 and we fear that this one wonā€™t be compatible. You will need to use the adapter shipped with the Chromecast. We will test as soon as we receive it.

The following support is working???
indiegogo@philipsprojection.com

I havenā€™t receive any responses and the projector.
Already shipped?
There are no news on Indigogo.

Just to note that my Chromecast is the 4K one (model GZRNL) and Iā€™m having the low power issue. Accepting that Iā€™m not an engineer, could the USA power supply be implicated, while your team are testing in Europe?

Hello, no no thatā€™s totally different and link to the USB power.

Hello, yes indeed we have answered you please check your spam or your answers here: https://support.philipsprojection.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hello there,
I just received my new Screeno U4 projector and unfortunately I am having issues with the connection to the external speakers.

I would have expected that by connecting a 3.5 mm jack cable to the Screeneoā€™s analog audio output plug, I could easily connect my external speakers to the Screeneo U4 projector but this is what happens instead: as soon as I connect the 3.5 mm jack cable to the projector, the audio is correctly transmitted via the external speakers. Then after few seconds, the audio comes back to the projector speakers (it is like the audio is forced back from the projector itself to pass through its built-in speakers).

Does anyone else experienced this issue?

Any idea about how to solve this?

Also: I tried to register my Screeneo U4 on the Kundenservice | Philips page but I receive the feedback that my product code does not exist. How is this possible? I was seeking a more detailed manual than the ā€œquick start guideā€ that was available in the Screeneo U4 box but I could not find any.

Thanks!

Hello, which product code did you input ?
Concerning the cables, have you tried using a different one, and also a earphone to check if the problem is not coming from the wire ?
Thanks!

Hi, Iā€™m just looking for some advice regarding projector screen size to purchase prior to my Screeneo 4 being delivered. Iā€™m keen to try to run a 100inch display which Iā€™m aware is larger than the projectors optimal size.

Has anyone had any issues at this display size? Has there been a noticeable reduction in screen brightness?

Thanks

JD

I am having issues with the HDMI connection to my laptop. Both HDMI 1 and 2 port are not connecting. Is there something I need to do?
I have tried to troubleshoot of unplug for 3 seconds and wait, change the port from 1 to 2 and back.
Please advise. I really want to like this projector.

1 Like

Hello, have you tried with another device (another laptop or box for eg) and another HDMI cable ?

@Philips_Support_N , I am also having these same issues. warped image, out of focus on the edges, and low power for my firestick. Can we return?