Shipping - "An extra one for the road" - to Germany

Well Ivo, that is not completely accurate as there are quite a lot of those projectors that have not been yet shipped. I am still waiting for an update on where mine is after I gave you my address again. I did not yet receive a new tracking ID nor I know anything about when I can expect to receive my projector that apparently was stuck for 3 months in the warehouse and was sent back to the forwarder.
Thanks a lot for your support!

Every unit in the shipment I was talking about, where the DHL scanning took so long that DHL cancelled the shipments electronically, was scanned in successfully and shipped, with almost all having been delivered since. So my statement regarding Cancelled Tracking Numbers is correct.

This is also true, as your shipment was an earlier one, where the tracking label was not cancelled but where due to duplicates being used, a lot of the shipments failed. Some are still in DHL limbo, whereas others have been returned to the warehouse in Germany.
The reason why you don’t have an update is because I don’t have one to give. The forwarder has the list of shipments they have to resend and where to do so for a while now, but no word on the new tracking numbers yet, we keep chasing them on this, and also on those that haven’t been returned yet by DHL.

We even asked them to return a bunch of them to our offices in Switzerland instead so that we could then handle the reshipment ourselves, despite of the extra costs involved, but even on that front there’s no movement.

I want to thank you from my side for your support and patience. Know that as soon as I have these new tracking numbers I’ll be updating your tickets, even if I have to work through the night like so many nights lately.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Ivo, just to be clear, I don’t expect or want you to be working long hours in the night. I think that the whole process is broken and should be fixed. I trust you and I am convinced that you are doing all your best but the only reason I backed up this project was because it was supported by Philips. Now, I am starting to lose any hope that I will ever receive the projector so I would appreciate if you could either provide any estimate of by when I will receive it or guidance on how to get a full refund.

1 Like

There’s no need to lose hope. And I’m not working long hours for the pay but to fix the situation we are all in due to many reasons.
We are chasing the forwarder and they seem some days to run really hard for us, and on other days we can’t get anything out of them. But we are moving forward. Once you have the projector you’ll enjoy it and all will be soon forgiven.
The forwarder is dependent on their partner in Germany to actually print out the new labels, stick them on the packages, and schedule the pickup by DHL. They might be backlogged at the warehouse also, but they eventually did ship the previous list of 54 shipments I sent to them, most arriving within 3-6 days.

3 Likes

Good morning @IvoGrijt! Just to let you know: You wrote that the parcels would be scanned Friday or Saturday by DHL Germany. But till today there is no update, the old tracking number is still cancelled and no new number is sent. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

…and @IvoGrijt if you need some PPM …there are still 16 in stock by Amazon, sold directly by Philips Projectors. :wink:

Lieber @AndreasG,

What @IvoGrijt wrote was NOT “the parcels would be scanned Friday or Saturday by DHL Germany”, but:

Meaning, Ivo was just telling us what the forwarder told Screeneo. Which, if you look through the forum here, you will see, is a recurring problem (Forwarder doing overoptimistic estimations and Screeneo employees having no other choice but tryign to believe them and wait for reports from us)

2 Likes

One of the issues with the shipping in this campaign is the communication around and about it.
When I joined the team they used to refer to shipping lists as 650 pieces, 2050 pieces, etc. If only one of these lists is being worked on then this would’ve sufficed I think.
But as production ramped up and shipping got delayed due to diminished cargo handling availability, more lists started to exist which hadn’t been shipped or finished shipping yet. That’s when things started to get confusing, which is why I started numbering the lists, naming them list 1 & 2. When we came to list 3, they started to just update the same list for new batches shipped, messing again with the system I had come up with. So I proposed for us to use the names for the list, like Betty, Amy, etc. This worked well for communication between us and the backers, or internally, but not towards the forwarder, as they still kept referring to the amount of pieces on a list. They still do to this day, even when they combine lists for instance.

So today for instance, they sent us a list of tracking numbers, supposedly for 60 units. Only upon checking and asking yet again did it become clear that they meant that these were for reshipments from the German warehouse.
Or when we asked when the EU bound units would be scanned in, they would only say that the shipment would take a flight on the 12th to the EU. But I still don’t know whether they were talking about the latest list we gave them last week, or the two previous ones for which we got tracking numbers 3 weeks or so ago. Those were namely the ones I asked about, and I was expecting to hear a date for being handed over to DHL in Germany, not a date for shipping to the EU. So are all three EU bound lists only now going to ship on the 12th, or just the last one? And if only the last one, what about the first two?

So that’s why when unclear to me, yet expected to give an answer, I tend to nowadays not react, or if I do, by repeating exactly what I was told.

3 Likes

As expected no real news till today. No tracking, no nothing.
Just useless information about internal problems of a big company who’s not able to handle a paid forwarder.

Let’s wait till the end of the month before I’ll check the opportunities of legal actions and some words to Serge and the board of Philips N.V… I’m sure we can write a interesting story for the online media as well.

This is so frustrating, especially that the PPM is now avaible with next day delivery and regular guaranty regulations over Amazon.

@IvoGrijt Don’t get me wrong. That’s nothing personal. I know that you’re doing your best.
As we say in Germany…
“Der Fisch stinkt vom Kopf.”

1 Like

I think I know where all our PPM are gone. You can get it nearly everywhere now. So the logistic works fine for retail but not for us. That is showing very nicely what’s our worth for Philips.

3 Likes

Hey @IvoGrijt,

Any chance of an update here? Tracking number not only being canceled within the DHL system, but they also delete them from the DHL account and we have to re-add them periodically in order to track them without going to backerkit and copy/paste the tracking number each and every time we want to see if there’s something new.

Would there be a chance to find out if the devices even left China?

Best regards,
Dragos

Dame here with [
DHL 00340434298892099022
Seems to be lost.

No news here (DHL 00340434298892099206), beside excuses and new excuses.

Screenshot_20200921-174146|295x500

Many backers in the latest batch shipments to the EU with tracking numbers from August or September have reported that DHL is showing their shipment as cancelled from their side. This is happening due to what DHL think is a no-show.

It’s somewhat like this: our forwarder booked a ticket but the passenger hasn’t shown up at the gate. So the airline declares the ticket cancelled. But once the passenger shows up at the gate with their ticket in their hand, they’re still transported regardless of what the airline said before, as they have a ticket that was paid for.

As we’ve explained many times before, including in our [FAQ] Tracking and Shipping #4, the shipments to the EU are shipped in bulk to a EU country, usually Belgium, where they clear customs and then are shipped to Germany for handover to DHL DE, who scan the labels and start the final legs of the shipments.

So in our case the tracking labels were booked so long ago, and the handoff to DHL DE not having happened in the normally allowed timespan, that DHL marks the shipment as cancelled (because why haven’t they gotten it handed over to them yet?). But our forwarder is still intent on delivering the goods to them, and as soon as they do, DHL will say “okay, we got the goods with these tracking labels, they’re paid for, so we’ll get them to the consignees now” and the tracking info goes live as soon as they scan the labels on the packages.

For this shipment there were additional documents requested by the Belgian customs authorities, which we were made aware of yesterday and provided to them today. So hopefully the goods will clear the Belgian customs tomorrow or so and be transported to Germany and handed over to DHL there.

So rest assured that the cancellation you see is not from our side nor does it mean you won’t be getting your projector. Your projector is still on its way to you and should be with you by next week if all goes accordingly.

These bulk shipments to the distributors were handled by a different shipping company straight from our factory in China to business addresses. They were not shipments of single units to hundreds of individual addresses, being carried out by an apparently not so competent forwarder.

So while you’re still waiting on yours, these bulk shipments have indeed reached the distributors and are available for sale at their retail prices by now.

We can only apologize for the delays in getting the individual shipments to the backers.

1 Like

I waited patiently but I cannot see any progress at all. Delivery started 15/8/20 and still nothing so far. Fairy tales from Beligium. Sorry, it is your obligation to delivery - we have paid month before. So come on.

I also get no answers regarding valid questions, no replies, no information.

Tracking to Germany with DHL - invalid. Help or politeness - none.
Making sure to NEVER buy anything from Philips again and let all friends
here and online know about this experience - priceless…

I think we should document this case with screenshots and all start
credit card chargeback processes due to nonfulfilment of contract,
nondelivery and noncommunication…

@IvoGrijt
Let’s wait and see and hope…
Till today no update on the cancelled DHL tracking. Five days left of the week. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt 8 days later… No news. No new tracking. Two days left. If nothing is happening till next week, I think it’s time for a legal process and class action. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I hope you’re right, but what I mentioned last week, according to info on this site https://www.paketda.de/status-dhl-sendung-storniert.html it says:
Sofern ein storniertes Paket irrtĂźmlich trotzdem bei DHL eingeliefert wird, ist es nicht gĂźltig frankiert und wird deshalb nicht transportiert.

translation: If a canceled package is inadvertently delivered to DHL anyway, it is not validly franked and will therefore not be transported.