Shipping to Europe

Well I guess they saw my comment. According to their last Indiegogo Update:

“We successfully shipped 7,338 backers (some of them purchased 2 or 5 PicoPix Max), ore than half of the total number of backers. Our logistic team is working hard in China/Hong-Kong in order to deliver your devices worldwide especially in today’s situation.”

So the project ist bit more than 50% done. Really happy with that answer and they provided more insights. Gives backers a good idea how the project is coming along,

And I also got my tracking number today. Was not expecting that at all. But I’ll keep checking the project. Still curious when the project is finally ending. So far its been one of the more difficult crowdfunding project that I backed. But not the worst.

1 Like

Hello,

My order finally left from Germany last April 10 via DHL finally it is what I thought because since the 10th the status of has not changed.

"April, 10 2020
13:30 Local time | The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically "

Are other people the same as me?

In advance, thank you for your answer.

4 Likes

If it works in the same way as the last shipment to Europe, the process goes like this. The projectors are shipped as one big shipment from Hong Kong to a warehouse located closer to you (in Germany in the case of Europe), from which they are then shipped to you. The tracking code sent to you is for that individual shipment, and you can start tracking it as soon as your projector package leaves that local warehouse.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

My question is whether the last shipments were supported by DHL because the tracking message suggests that just the shipping number was requested by Philips Projection but has not yet been supported by DHL for expedition.

As I said, the tracking code sent to you is for your individual projector, not the container with hundreds or thousands of projectors. Your tracking code will start working as soon as your individual shipment leaves the warehouse in Germany.

2 Likes

Check this out:

1 Like

Hi,

When do you plan to ship to Poland?

2 Likes

Poland should be part of general EU shipments.

Thank you, I understand better what will happen for my package and that will be a little waiting to finally have my order in my hand. :smile:

1 Like

Hi, Belarus is a part of EU delivery or not?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

Hi, I received an email with link to backer kit and DHL tracking no on April the 10th. Still no update on DHL site (it only says that they received the data about the shipment electronically). How can I get more info on that?
Contribution ID: 7306
Thanks,
Lukasz

This is normal behaviour. The tracking code will stark working soon(ish). Please see this post:

1 Like

Thanks! didn’t see that. It said it takes 2 days to update, so I waited 8. I like the “soon(ish)” - stealing that!

I’ve been following this forum for quite a while now, but it has become much more difficult to try to understand when I can realistically expect delivery of my projector, so I am asking you that may have figured it out. My contribution ID is 14386 and it was made in early October 2019. I understand that Philips does not reply to individual requests, and that is not what I am after. Can someone here give a calculated time-range when my shipment can be delivered, even if it is very broad? (This is so that I can plan for possible other alternatives). I should add that I live in Sweden (which is part of EU). Thanks!

Any estimate you’d get would be off the moment it’s written down Hans-Goran.

There are variations (possibly speeding things up but mostly delays) in:

• Manufacturing, due to light engine component supply and lead time
  • Quality Control checks fails could lead to extra reworking
  • shipments getting put on actual flights out of Hong Kong
  • local delivery companies being backlogged and possibly understaffed
  • other unforeseen circumstances

None of the previous batch shipments had to deal with all of the above, for instance the very first few didn’t have Corona outbreak and lockdowns to contend with. So no results from the past can be used to give you a good estimate, and even if you say ballpark, it could still be a rain-delayed game.

I would suggest you to keep an eye on the summary thread so you can bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.
That will allow you to better make the guesstimates you want for yourself.

2 Likes

Hi, based on the current (disappointing compared to initial target) fabrication rate, around 6 weeks for production and 2 weeks for delivery so you should target around mid June at the earliest.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_N I believe there are a few 1000 backers waiting in the Netherlands, will these be sent as a single batch to save costs or based on backer id. When can we expect to be seeing a batch sent to the Netherlands?

Thanks!

@Philips_Support_N: I have received a tracking number on my backerkit account, but the DHL webpages (both German and international) gives me an error, saying: “Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check you tracking number”.

Could you give me a functional tracking number, please? My backertkit ID is 15588682 (as shown when hovering over “View order”.

This is my first post, so I cannot PM you at the moment.

Thanks.