Shipping to Europe

So missing EU deliveries with ID below 4000:
I) These projectors were not shipped as their status on backerkit says “Not shipped” ?
II) Will missing EU deliveries be sent on 8th of February or when?

Yes, as previously said, we are checking this.
1: it is maybe coming from backerkit importation tools from Indiegogo
2: it is coming from the forwarder that works with DHL
We are checking this

1 Like

I would like also to explain how backends work because there are many of them:
1: When you create a campaign on Indiegogo, you use the Indiegogo backend, which also makes the Credit Card payment. So when you pay, the money goes to them first, then back to us (around 1 month after with a certain retainer). When you ask for a refund, we need to ask indiegogo to refund you. The money is not coming from us because we don’t own the Credit Card backend
When you send a message to INDGG, it goes back to us
2: Importation on Backerkit: 12 days after your purchase, backerkit is importing the backer and/or new perks to their backend. In this backend, we are also collecting the VAT. VAT is collected through Stripe. If you ask for a VAT refund, we ask Stripe, which takes a lot of time to refund, then remove you from Backerkit, as well as from the Excel file generated to send to the forwarder. Same if you ask for an Address correction. If you ask for an address correction: 1: we cannot change it in Indiegogo, but only in Backerkit. If you send an email to backerkit, this is forwarded to us also
3: then your perk is locked on backerkit, in fact we are not even supposed to refund you at this point because it’s locked everywhere. Then, the address is locked to be sure there is no change between backerkit and the generated excel file for the forwarder
4: We send the generated Excel file to the forwarder (even by this time, some backers ask for an address change or refund, we can do it, we are doing it at last moment)
5: forwarder are checking all addresses 1 by 1 to be sure it fits on DHL backend. We have some back en forth here because of some issues with some backer.
6: Forwarder takes the goods from our Shenzhen warehouse, bring it to DHL warehouse
7: we receive the DHL list with tracking numbers
8: we rework a CSV file that needs to be uploaded into backerkit, backerkit is suppose to send you an email for you to get this tracking number
9: DHL prepare the shipment as soon as they can before CNY, sometimes on the same day, some times 24h after
10: DHL scan everything and upload in their backend
11: you see the tracking on their website 24/48h after
and voila… so many steps, but Indiegogo campaigns are very time consuming :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So where did it go wrong? What are you doing to sort it?

Thanks for the clarification, then would just want to hear:
I) The EU ID file that was sent to the forwarder: Did it include the currently missing IDs mentioned on this thread?
II) How did the file manage to include IDs over 4100 for EU?

This is surely a joke. I’m #6636 and nothing yet.

The only mistake done here is that some people are not shipped below a certain number. That’s it. Tracking numbers are correct for the other ones.
We are checking where is the issue. In any case those people will be shipped in the next batch. We will be sure of it.

There is no ID over 4188 for the moment in EU.
The rest has been sent to other countries yesterday.
Yes missing ID will be added to the next batch.
They are in the Excel file we sent to the forwarder but not shipped.

1 Like

If these numbers were in the file you send to the forwarder, but they were not delivered, is still possible for you to extract these numbers? Or are they in the ‘big black hole’?

we have them and we asked our forwarder to send them in the next shipment before anybody else.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_N:

like “mmeidl” pointed out, backers with ID 115xx do receive their tracking links, i.e. their perks being shipped. Up to this point I really have been supportive, knowing that a project like this will not run frictionless, but the latest developments are really rocking my boat…

Can you please hand out a roadmap on how you are going to tackle the situation on hand with a delivery schedule?

You all have to relax. I think Philips isn’t responsible for this, as they have sent the file with all backers to the forwarder. And one thing you have to remember is, that all workers in china only have free time at chinese new year. What would you say, if you only have free time for 2 weeks a year? (Even at weekends)

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N There is someone with ID 4490 in Germany (see screenshot), so not true that there is no shipments over ID 4188 in the EU.

There is clearly an error with ID 3XXX and some other ID´s. At least you could change the 4490 one, not to be a jerk for this guy but this is so unfair to us earlier backers… It wouldn´t surprise me if there where others above 4188 in the EU but are keeping wisely quiet.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N what @pascalmtts says is true. My id is #4512 and even my DHL status is shipped with a visible tracking status.

3 Likes

I do not believe that we are talking about hundreds of PPMs that were not sent despite the promise. I do not understand why this cannot be solved. I understand that it is a complicated process, but there is an “I can’t do it” or “I don’t want to do it.” and there is an “I do want to try it.”. Come on, give it your best shot!

Perk numbers and Indiegogo numbers are changing everyday. The reason why are refund, and people who have issues with their address so we skip them.
In any case, the issue we have today with people that haven’t been shipped below a certain backer number needs to be resolve. We are on it during Chinese New year.

2 Likes

Thank you in advance for making effort to send the missing shipments.

Hello Philips, With 2 factories working parallel, what is your optimal production rate per day forecasts for the day 8th of February?

All I’m reading is Excel, CSV and manual work in such a complex process and I’m thinking how this Startup Nation industry (Indegogo, Backerkit, Stripe…) is overselling everything… Do they also need faxes or even better: Carrier pigeons? That would be really “disruptive”…

So, in my case (Contribution ID 3097 | France), DHL website is greeting me with a “Not Found” for more than 2 days now. When should I be expecting something?

I just want to take time to thank you for the transparency, communication improved substantially since update #18.

we will see that after we start to be sure about the quality