Shipping to Mother Russia. New tax has arising

Just as I said earlier in this topic, in april 4th. Nice work…

But that is ridiculous, Philips definitely knew that, some time earlier they said that DHL will use partner forwarders or smth. So weird that after these comments it was still sent directly and rejected

@user-name

DHL do not operate in Russia with persons

This is a blatant lie. DHL deliver to Russia to persons.

1. This year alone I have already received 12 parcels that were shipped to Russia to me personally by DHL.
  2. The last such delivery shipped with DHL to me personally I received on 22nd of May.
  3. The last such delivery worth over the customs duty free limit I received on 12th of May and it was delivered from a shop in Germany in 6 days (shipped on 6th of May) and had goods worth over 300 EUR. I received it at local post office where I also paid the customs duty (as it was over 200 EUR).
  4. I have 5 more parcels that are on their way to me right now shipped by DHL and I have full confidence all of these will be delivered to me.

Where you went wrong: DHL has many different delivery services and price plans. They deliver to Russia but the sender needs to choose the correct DHL service. There are some DHL service plans that have a limit on the cost of the goods in the parcel (this limit is different for different countries and aims to safely avoid customs brokerage to lower the cost of such service).
You can only blame your sender for not using the correct DHL service plan when shipping to you.

Bottom line: DHL deliver to Russia to persons including goods (not just documents) and including goods worth over the customs duty free limit as long as the sender uses correct DHL service plan.

2 Likes

So, Philips choosed wrong service plan.

Good afternoon, my name is Timur, I am from Russia (Moscow), my contribution number is 20201.

I was very happy when I got an email dated May 20, notifying that my parcel had been sent to me. But within 8 days (that is, today), a great disappointment awaited me. Firstly, I received the notification that my parcel was being returned to the sender. I didn’t actually understand what the matter was, so I decided to call DHL Express and talked to the call-center operator for quite a long period of time and found out how to solve this problem.

The situation is as follows - DHL Express has not delivered parcels from abroad to Russia to private individuals for a very long time (since 2010). In order to send the parcel to Russia, you need to use the DHL Global Mail. In this case everything will be okay.

You can contact DHL yourself in order to specify everything, but I received the above-mentioned answer exactly from their call-center operator. I decided to find out and explain everything in detail since I really want to get my projector, which I was already tired of waiting for.

I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you!

Best regards,

Timur

3 Likes

The same story, DHL should deliver my picomax yesterday, but it does not work with individuals and will return it to hong kong.
So when will we get our projectors?

Returned to shipper

May, 28 2020 11:48 Local time | MOSCOW REGION - KAMYSHIN (VOLGOGRAD REG) - RUSSIAN FEDERATION, THE
This shipment is handled by: DHL Express
Tracking Code: 3063393244

As we say - it would be funny if it were not so sad.

Contribution ID - 19955

Hi. My contribution I’d 18565.
DHL EXPRESS returned to the sender and my parcel too. What to do in this case? Can you send the parcel again?
track 3063352961

By the way, another sender sent me a package, from the completed project indiegogo, by DHL Global Mail (GM295116509013052841)
You also need to use this delivery method.

Mine wasn’t sent at all. Indiegogo id 13752.

@Philips_Support_N
Steve, looks like this requires your urgent attention. It seems based on above messages that Phillips screwed up the delivery and chose the wrong DHL service out of all options DHL provides. This needs to be urgently corrected.

Yes, we jumped on this as soon as we heard. Timur’s explanation was excellent and we forwarded it our logistics partner last night. They are working on a solution.

1 Like

Tomorrow, one of our colleagues will bring a PPM to DHL HK, and try to send it to a Russian backer by DHL Global Mail as a test.
Because DHL HK isn’t sure Global Mail will work for Russia either.

2 Likes

:ok_hand::+1::joy:

Above I mentioned that I already had 12 deliveries this year by DHL and 5 more are on their way now. These were with DHL Global Mail. Out of the 5 that are on the way right now 3 already cleared the customs but are not yet in my hands.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding. I’ll forward that also.

1 Like

DHL Global Mail in HK refused to deliver the PPM. They said maximum weight limit is 2kg, and PPM weighs 2.5kg. They would not accept it.
Have any of your shipments weighed more than 2kg?

No. 2 Kg is often a limit. E.g. here is example of Royal Mail’s ParcelForce with that limit:

Hmm, that sounds bad.

And what’s about another services: UPS, DPD, CDEK?

There were only 15 in DHL Express, the rest are being sent through Russian Line via train. It takes a little longer, however this is apparently the safest method to get through customs. We’re scrambling now to add these 15 to Russian Line via train.

2 Likes