Shipping to Singapore

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_1, my backer ID is 15586351, I have been waiting patiently for 7 months, from the time I backed this project. To be fair, the initial estimate of arrival is nov 2019. It is now Apr 2020, 5 months from the expected delivery date. I can understand that there is a pandemic going on and shipment schedules are affected. But there have not been any newS or updates on shipping to Singapore.

May I know what the plan is to ship to us? At the very least provide some updates on the expected shipment dates.

I pledged my contribution in Mid October 2019
And I have yet to receive the item.

This is taking very very long.

According to BackerKit account, my order is locked, and not yet shipped.

Contribution ID is 16288.
Can’t find any other ID number to provide to you.
Please advise.

-not very happy customer here trying to be nice.

Folks. Please remember that this is a case of Philips licensing their brand to a company called Screeneo. Having raised over S$10mn from the Indiegogo campaign, the money is in their account and the company doesn’t appear to be worried about reputation or legal issues. This forum has a number of moderators who claim to not be employed by Screeneo or Philips but spend a LOT of time claiming simultaneously to not know what the true details are but also at the same time provide reasons on behalf of Screeneo/Philips. Some of the complaint threads on this forum have been delisted because they claim that Philips executives were getting too many complaints.

I hope that you all receive your projectors in the end but if your patience ever runs out please bear in mind that the regional HQ of Philips and the department that licensed the Philips brand to Screeneo is in Singapore. If you do a bit of searching online you will find the contact details of the responsible parties. I did.

edit I am backer number 1913 and I received a faulty device and have been trying to get a replacement for 4 months now. Please note the threads around the various known defects of this product and hope you are lucky enough not to be the recipient of one of those.

1 Like

I can’t talk about the other ppl who commented but even with me being mouthy and kicking off IvoG has always treated me with respect even though as a moderator he, on some occasions wanted to kick me out.

1 Like

I totally appreciate the need for moderators on public forums but when the normal channels of customer service don’t respond and the company directs all customer communications to this forum, then the role of a moderator cannot and must not be partisan particularly on matters that are essentially a bilateral legal relationship.

On that note, I hope you find satisfactory resolution eventually. Certainly an eye-opener for me.

2 Likes

It’s not a claim, it’s the plain truth. At the moment I don’t have a gig at all due to the Covid crisis, so I have plenty of time on my hands and somehow I foolishly keep investing it in this forum, as I want this projector that I’m such a huge fan of (yes that’s right, I’m a PPM Fanboy! :sunglasses:) to succeed and become better day by day due to a great community pushing the Screeneo team to achieve more with the software and firmware.That’s my only gain and underlying motivation, of which I haven’t made a secret either.

The fact that I and possibly other moderators provide explanations and reasons (some would say excuses) on behalf of the Screeneo team is because we see a lot / everything on the forum, including the Staff section where some stuf about the forum management is discussed. We therefore have insights not everyone has, and we try to share them with the rest of the community to the best of our abilities.

We are not a true team in the sense that Screeneo can’t / won’t share all their internal affairs, decisions, and strategies with us, and in essence we are okay with that, it’s their forum and we signed up / were appointed to help them moderate it, and therefore help the community also. We don’t have a mandate to silence people who dissent or criticize, we often get posts flagged to us that we do still keep visible, regardless of whether we agree or not with the flag, as long as the content and tone isn’t against forum rules and guidelines. In fact, when there were people who felt that it was all mods on the Screeneo side of The Force they even made on of the more vocal and critical backers a moderator, so as to bring balance to The Force. Cause moderating isn’t about what we think or feel, it’s about helping keep things civil, orderly, and helpful.

I don’t think any of these moderators (who are all backers by the way) are partisan, nor do we only say good things about Screeneo because we already got our projectors, as some of us don’t even have theirs yet.
I personally have been open and honest about how I see the Screeneo team’s strength and weaknesses, for instance in the following 3 posts:

But I’ve also tried to look on the positive sides and the openness they do have on certain aspects, and like I said, I want this product to succeed. Burning down the very people working on it serves me no purpose, but I will call things when I see them, in a civil and not personally attacking way.

The only delistings AFAIK have happened due to the tone and direction the whole conversation was taking, or because there was information shared that was sensitive to their internal processes. But delisting is not censoring, as anyone with the link to the thread could still visit it and post in it, delisting only removes it from the overviews and menu’s. So if you had been a participant in that thread, had bookmarked it. or anything of the sort, you would still see it.

It has been tempting at times yes :smiling_imp:, but I know you’re just frustrated with how things turned out so far for you. A lot of us backers are and even I have some frustrations.

My chief one is that if things had ran a bit more smoothly without this Corona virus outbreak and subsequent world crisis, we would’ve been much further in the fulfillment phase if not completely finished, and the team wouldn’t have had to field so many questions about delivery or deal with so many logistics issues, and perhaps the firmware development would’ve been much further. Also the satisfaction and adoption rate would’ve been much higher, so much so possibly that the big companies denying us certain services like Google & Netflix would’ve had to take notice of this little projector that could, taking the world by storm. Then we wouldn’t be talking about lockdowns but PicoPix Max projectors keeping people inside their homes watching movies all day and night.

1 Like

They are simply ignoring us. Why??? Did we do anything wrong or are they just simply snorbish?

2 Likes

Think they have more fire to clear on the other side of the continents…

I have business AND personal shipments still being delivered from China with no issues other than a couple of days delay. This product is completely manufactured in China. Shipment for Singapore is supposed to come out of HK. I have checked with a senior person in DHL and he has confirmed that there is no difference in treatment between healthcare and non-healthcare deliveries but that there is an overall delay but only by a few days. You will note on this forum that even HK customers are being frustrated. These issues were around even before Covid 19.

The company and their moderators often repeat the assertions:

1. this is crowdfunding not purchase of the product.
  2. delays are due to courier companies or forwarders
  3. delays are due to Covid 19

Assertion number 1 is not relevant especially when a 130 year old company is licensing its brand and is naturally a factor in the transaction. It does not mean carte blanche to fail to deliver.

Assertion number 2 would be defamation against the courier companies or forwarders if it is proven that the fault is not with the courier or forwarder. Again possible legal action and I will certainly be notifying them that this is the assertion made against them.

Assertion number 3 is certainly true and supply chains have been disrupted but it does not explain how Screeneo/Philips treats its customers or doesn’t respond. The courtesy of a timely response or proper and professional conduct would not be stopped by Covid 19. I

In summary a lot of excuses and statements but the conclusion must be one of the following:

1. hope that you eventually get a functioning product and be satisfied with no visibility
  2. be resigned to have lost money and never receive a functioning product
  3. consider other actions

And once again a reminder that the Philips regional head office is in Singapore and the unit that licenses the brand out to companies like Screeneo also has a unit head here.

3 Likes

George, FYI:

1 Like

I hope mine is included in this shipment, IvoG

1 Like

Noted. Thank you.

1 Like

@IvoGrijt Do you have a link to the list with the Backer ID’s that will be part of that shipment?

Thanks.

Just checked… mine is not included in the list. :frowning:

Hi @IvoGrijt when can we track the latest shipment to SG backerIDs ?
also i have not received any email for my shipping,

Those who are in the currently shipped batch will get their tracking labels and will be able to track their shipment a little later. If you haven’t received a tracking label it’s because your perk hasn’t been made or shipped yet, so please be patient a little while longer.

How do you check @heartrobz? Where is this list I can’t seem to find it?

This thread contains all the information you need:
https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/how-to-find-your-backerkit-id/5181

1 Like

Hmmm, I have not received any emails. Hence I guess I am not in the list