Shipping to South Africa

Hi @JonHoff,

Nope… Still haven’t received a tracking number of even any updated feedback…

Very frustrated with the lack of communication, but trying to be patient…

@IvoGrijt… Can you shed some light on the matter please???

1 Like

@IvoGrijt

Please could we have some clarification on when we can expect delivery of our devices…
We have had no correspondence from Philips or yourself in over a month, and am concerned that we have just fallen through the cracks and have been forgotten about altogether.

Please can you update us urgently.
Thank you,

Zane Jones

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N

Please can you give some attention to us poor folks at the southern tip of Africa? It does, unfortunately, appear that attention is given to those who shout loudest. With the result that now Qatar seems to be resolved, with PPMs being sent from the EU.

I really do think we have been patient and courteous (unlike some others)… but it really seems that patience in this case is a vice not a virtue

1 Like

Hi Jon,

Some problems are easier to resolve than others. There were only 3 units to ship to Qatar and it was easy to do this from Switzerland.

Other problems like India, where all indications are that customs is not letting products made in China into the country, there is not much we can do.

There are also people shouting in India for their products, and I’d love to be able to deliver to them.

What is the problem in South Africa? Why is our forwarder having issues to ship, and do you know how many backers have not received a product?

If we are only talking about a small number of Max to ship, and there is no hinderence to ship from Switzerland, AND if there are not already products in transit to you, we can consider shipping from Switzerland.

Steve

Hi @Philips_Support_N

I believe that there were 12 original South African backers.

@IvoGrijt feedback is that the forwarder says they simply cannot ship to South Africa due to restrictions. The forwarder appears to be misleading you guys for at least two reasons:-

• Firstly, at least one backer (@ctguy) has received his PPM from the forwarder. His route is set out above and it appears that the forwarder can indeed fulfill these orders.
  • Secondly I have confirmed with DHL that goods can be sent from Hong Kong to South Africa and have, in fact, received goods from Hong Kong (although admittedly not goods that contain a large battery like the PPM)
1 Like

Hi Jon,

Based on your information, we pushed our forwarder to see what the latest situation is and they informed us that they can ship to South Africa now.

We put pressure on them to ship NOW and send us tracking numbers. @Philips_Support_N is driving this initiative with the Chinese and we hope to be able to give you new tracking numbers in the next few days.

Steve

Thanks so much @Philips_Support_N, appreciate the help!!!

We just got word that we will get the tracking numbers on Saturday, so hopefully shipping will happen next week.

Thanks very much!

Hi @IvoGrijt

Any luck with those tracking numbers?

Thanks mate

Hi @IvoGrijt and @Philips_Support_N

Did you guys get the tracking numbers on Saturday?

Thanks

No, we didn’t. We have been chasing the forwarder but nothing yet. It was Thursday first, then Friday, then Saturday, it’s now Tuesday and nothing yet.

This is as or perhaps more frustrating for us then for you probably.

:cry:

Hi @IvoGrijt and @Philips_Support_N

I see on the other thread you referred to DHL collecting packages from the forwarder on Wednesday and scanning today and tomorrow.

Does this include the South African shipments?

We’ve gotten many tracking numbers so far already, but the ones for shipment to South Africa are notably still missing.

Our CEO asked them on the Tuesday:

I don’t see any tracking numbers for South Africa. Is there still a problem to ship to South Africa?

To which we got the following (verbatim) reply on Wednesday:

No problem. South Africa will give you the order number right away,

:roll_eyes:

Thanks @IvoGrijt

Ivo, @Philips_Support_N - This really can’t carry on indefinitely!!! Surely the time has come to simply ship our projectors from Switzerland? Please guys! It really isn’t cool that people who backed six months after us are getting their PPMs! I know you’re trying your best with this forwarder but perhaps its time to cut losses?

Just got a tracking number @Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt! Hopefully this one works better than the last one :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jon,
We pushed again this morning for the South African tracking numbers.
Apparently, we need to include the original invoice from our ODM factory with the delivery, and this should be added tomorrow. So the unit still hasn’t left HK.
Steve

1 Like

Thanks Steve much appreacited!

1 Like

I received the DHL tracking number via email on the 7th September 2020- With a statement to allow up to 2 days for activation of this parcel.
This morning when I checked the tracking number on the DHL website I yet again get the message “Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number. (404)”

I hope that this is not going to be the same as the last unsuccessful tracking number that I received.

Please could we get an update @Philips_Support_N… Naturally we are all a bit apprehensive about the reality of actually receiving out devises this time, based on previous events…

Thanks

Zane Jones

2 Likes