Signing in to Amazon Prime

Has anybody been able to sign in to Amazon Prime?
I can’t get it to accept the dumb scrolling “captcha“ characters, and each time I try and sign in it says “Enter the characters as they are given in the challenge”, loses my password and I have to type it all again.
And how do I change from the keyboard to the pointer?

Edit: just installed Plex and signed in. So easy. Why do Amazon make it so difficult?

You can press the mouse arrow key on the remote. Make sure you’ve paired the remote via Bluetooth.

1 Like

It took me 5 min! But I prefer to use my iPhone and stream to Chromecast. Much better quality

1 Like

Thanks @Philips_Support_P. I didn’t explain very well! I can get the cursor on the screen, but the keyboard stays active and I couldn’t get to the next input (eg. Login name is filled in but can’t get to captcha input). On a physical keyboard the Tab key would work but we don’t have one.
Looks like the “Return” key works.

Still a dumb way to verify the user. And I realise this is an Amazon problem, not PicoPix.

1 Like

Btw you can plug in a USB keyboard if you have one.

1 Like

Bedankt, @IvoGrijt. A keyboard really helped.
What a difficult login procedure, though. Amazon, talk to Plex about simple authorisation procedures.

1 Like

Thanks, @Antonino_Sciarrino casting does seem to be much better!

1 Like

Could you read this @Antonino_Sciarrino and let me know what your thoughts are (preferably in that thread)?:

Hi, my experience is different. When I will have some I will do some tests.
I also use Chromecast of Apple TV to see Belgian TV app. It doesn’t work via hdmi giving an “Hdcp” error and AirPlay doesn’t work neither for that app.
Anyway now using Chromecast everything works smoothly as long as I have good internet connectivity. For in hotels I bought a small tp-link router to solve the hotel login issue.

1 Like