Software/Firmware roadmap

That does work already, doesn’t it? Sure only vertical correction works automatically and for 4 corners you need to do it manually. It does work however and actually I’m trying to always center the projector, because you’re wasting screen resolution when you use too much screen correction, because what it does is to transform the screen via software.

I think it boots fast enough… I can wait 10sec to boot up and what 3 hours of content. “Default output” I don’t need, but would be a nice enhancement, but thats no pain for the usability at all.

my clock is 24h per default in my timezone… so not sure what the problem is for you

I had never problems with wifi after a reboot. Perhaps get a better wifi router. I can recommend all Fritz! devices.

No lag on my device. Once it is booted up and you give it a secound… it’s fine. Sometimes I can hardly see what app is selected though. A better indication for that would be cool.

You can do that… I mean, at least remove the bloatware… select the app, hit menu button on remote control, select uninstall… done…
Reordering would be cool, yes.

I would say you can do that, you just dont see the focus overlay, but can adjust the focus with left and right on the remote.

That’s nice to have but no real “need” to work with the projector

can confirm that and also german does not apply to every section or home screen anymore… I’m one 1.1.0.3 though, probably that’s the problem for me, but I’m afraid it might work worse after updating.

I can understand that “no apk updates” in the updates and I’m also wondering why that’s made. I have updated my apps via AptoideTV so far and that worked great. I haven’t touched the Netflix app however.

I guess this is not coming, as the OS is a mobile android, but google requires to have a touchscreen to certify a custom OS with google services. But you can login to your youtube app just fine… what else would you need google for, if playstore isn’t there anyways?!

4 Likes

Hey,

Do you have any indication to when these updates will be released?

Cheers.

@phillipsengineering - It has almost been 2 months since this thread was started and there haven’t been any significant releases and/or indication when features will land. Anything to share?

3 Likes

Any update on the next update :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m beginning to fear all focus is on future devices and we’re stuck with the status quo.

The problem now is what else needs to be adjusted or updated on AOSP? Apart from Security patching there’s not a lot I can think of they can do with the limited hardware and OS on the PPM.

People should really start making reasonable request on new features which are possible to introduce on the PPM.

Implementing the color calibration tool that’s currently only available in beta would be a good start. Back when it was released, they wanted to add it to the OS, but then it got abandoned apparently. Too bad, it’s really useful. But also a pain to use since it doesn’t save its setting, so everything has to be readjusted after every new start of the projector.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt any chance of giving an idea of the top 5/10 updates on the roadmap for the PPM? Would be good to hear that things are being worked on…

Can someone test if their picopix max is working fine on 1.1.05. We have two PPM’s, on with 1.1.05 and one with 1.1.02. The one with 1.1.05 only sometimes launches. Sometimes it starts but most of the time it does not show picture. I hope this is software and not hardware related.

Can someone test if their PPM is working on 1.1.05?

I got mine working on v1.1.05 since August 20th. No problems so far.
And a second PPM since yesterday on v1.1.05 and also no problems.

I know with the early models built they had a problem with the connectors/wires for the light engine were too short. Maybe when it doesn’t turn on try shacking it a little and see if it works.
Anyway you should open a Warranty ticket with Philips support.

Been using 05 from when release working good and less dc buzz noise also

Yup, this is exactly the problem. When i press next to either side of the phillips logo it does show a picture. It is indeed a problem with the connectors.

As i’m not willing to wait for the repair. Does someone know if its difficult to repair by yourself (with a good knowledge of IT)

Thank you!

when using the android performance feedback thing just sitting on the main menu gives me 37-40% CPU usage! that seems a bit high tbh

edit- OK my bad I forgot I was teamviewered into it! now it’s down to 5%

Someone did post up a guide a while back but I’m struggling to find it! I would advise you speak with Philips and they will advise as this is a warranty issue! I think a few people that had the issue had it fixed by Philips in Europe so the repair shouldn’t take that long.

Check these links:

Teardown:

Great idea !

3 Likes