Software Update v1.0.26 is available now

So, I know originally you wanted to release an update a week. That proved a bit too ambitious so a new system was thought up, one week internal version, one week public version.

That seems like it might also not be feasible? Not to pin you down on a date however, but what is your planned release structure? Assuming your team are sprint-ing through the issues.

1.0.26 - Public
1.0.27 - Would be public - but wasn’t ready?
1.0.28 - Internal only (continuation from 10.0.27?)
1.0.29 - will be sent to beta testers but not to public? If I read your sentence right.
1.0.30 - Will this be a public release finally?

Just trying to get an idea of structure of public releases that fits the iterative process of software development.

I have no doubt you and your team are working hard on improving the software, we’re just excited to see these improvements for ourselves :wink:

The odd numbered minor versions wil not be released externally most likely, and the even numbered ones will go to beta testers. The public wide releases will have to have enough fixes and features to warrant release, so perhaps every 10 versions will be released, like .30, .40, etc. (My own speculation, it all depends on how much progress is made in each version)

Hi @GeoffAlex we are still finding our rhythm in post-lockdown world. Internally we still have one update per week approximately, but not all are released to public and some not even to beta.

1.0.26 – Public. Small bugfix update after china reopens.
1.0.27 – Beta. Some new features, but beta feedback was a bit critical so not released.
1.0.28 – Internal. Should’ve been public if 1.0.27 feedback was good, but didn’t happen. It was basically a renamed version of 1.0.27 with touchpad driver improvement intended to be sent to QC for testing home-return bug on vast number of picopixes. QC did not want to release even for beta as the test was not conclusive.
1.0.29 – Beta. Major Netflix bug fixed and QC confident about touchpad bug too. Therefore, will be released hopefully Friday.
1.0.30 – Public. Major update which rolls all previous updates + new features in launcher (charging details and a few shortcuts) + easy setup.

I had a talk with the team. They’ve rolled up all changes up to 1.0.29beta, into a ‘release’ firmware named 1.0.27. Justification is that 1.0.26 was the last update… :man_facepalming:

Anyway we’ll improve the version naming in the future. We’ll do it this way: 1.0.28beta1, 1.0.28beta2 etc. until it’s ready for release it will be 1.0.28.

So what’s currently planned as 1.0.30 is now 1.0.28.

11 Likes

Any estimate when 1.0.30 will be available ?

1 Like

Not in a position to join yet (don’t have mine) but just to confirm - if beta software breaks my projector that’d be covered under warranty?

Next week for beta. In 2 weeks for public.

yes

2 Likes

Excellent, once I have mine I’ll be in about then.

@Philips_Support_P, I agree with you on the facepalm :man_facepalming:t2:

A post was merged into an existing topic: 4 Corner Adjustment - Linearity Distortion

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: HDMI-CEC Support

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth issue when remote and sound bar are connected

Hello @Philips_Support_P,

Regarding my previous question and your answer, may I ask the question again ?

Gregory from passionhomecinema update his test with a custom apk designed for color calibration.
After his update, we can see a huge calibration improvement.
Is the apk on the 1.1.0 ?

Thank you

Hi @William please see this post for details about the colour adjustment feature:

Oh nice, thank you.
Sorry for asking, it’s because I didn’t see it mentionned on the patch note :slight_smile:
Nice evening

3 Likes

No problem, we are here to help you.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P
Hello, I’m sorry but after the update I can’t find the way to calibrate the colors as Gregory from passionhomecinema did.

I was talking about this feature :

Am I missing a thing ?

Thank you

1 Like

That functionality is not implemented yet in 1.1.0. While it has been available for beta testers, having the adaptive fan speed in place was needed before rollout to the masses. That’s sorted now with 1.1.0, so now it’s time for the extensive testing phase before the new colour adjustment feature is launched in one of the next updates. At least this is how I’ve understood what Prashant has said about this.

1 Like

Ok,
My bad then.
My english is not good enough, I really understood this feature would be in 1.1.0.
No problem, i’ll wait.
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Yes, this piece of software! :wink:

All kidding aside, are you experiencing issues or having trouble getting your colors right? Or are you asking merely out of general interest?

If you have an issue let us know, maybe we can help! :smiley:

1 Like

I was asking merely out of general interest.

I am using my ppm for some months now and I share the conclusion of the passionhomecinema’s test, the colorimetry of the product out of the factory is not really accurate.

However, after his calibration, the result was much better.
I’m jealous, I want the same settings options :slight_smile:

I (and all other impatient users) have to wait, hope won’t be long.

1 Like