Software Update v1.0.27 is available now

hello @IvoG, the last amazon prime version available on aptoide (released this saturday)
the error says : error try later, or something similar…

I have emailed their support address.

Unfortunately there is no way. You need root privilege to edit a system config file.

But let me look into this, perhaps we can build a UI around it in the Settings app which does have system privilege.

4 Likes

Hello, @Philips_Support_P,
do you have any answer for me?

#1 problem: Amazon prime vidéo (latest version from Aptoide), doesn’work

#2 problem: battery charge indicator is on the last bar and in red…but the PPM is alimented (with the right cable and the original charger) and few seconds after battery indicator is ok with fully charged battery…

#3 problem: Airmote connection is really slow, so for at least 10 minutes i cannot use the airmote, usually it start working when i go in options/bluetooth and selecting airmote from paired devices

Thank you @Philips_Support_P, i’m happy to be able to read a text and to have a (not so) better image with the 1.0.27, but I HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THAN BEFORE!

this new firmware look like something that should be tested a little bit more…
Can you tell me how i can restore the 1.0.26?
thank you

:wave: Hello @mario

I got the same pb as you with amazon prime video since latest update 1.0.127 : it stopped working
I mean : no pictures inside the app, no way to change menu (movies, series… etc…) and this yellow circle that kept turning arround, like it was buffering something

So what I did first is that I uninstalled it and install the version from Aptoide but it didn’t help
Then I uninstalled the Aptoide version and I got the same version as before (the one you mentioned 3.0.264.73847) from here : https://apkpure.com/fr/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient/download/264073847-APK

→ I can watch Amazon prime Video again now on my PPM :slight_smile:
Hope it will fix this issue for you also :pray:

1 Like

Hi @mario, I don’t have a solution to those 3 problems (yet) because I’m not able to reproduce them.

1. Just tried the prime video app and was able to play a video. It was even purchased content. Do what @Juanito suggested here – uninstall and reinstall the app. OR use the hidden (default) Android settings and clear the Prime Video app’s data and cache and start it again, you’ll need to login again.
  2. Did this start from 1.0.27?
  3. Can you totally unpair the remote (from the settings app), and then pair it again How to pair the AirMote? – does this help? Also take the batteries of the remote out and put it back in to reset it.
1 Like

Regarding the airmote, sometimes bluetooth can get too congested when too many devices are connected. For example, my BT keyboard struggles when I connect my BT headset to my laptop. My BT mouse works fine though.

Other issues!

Auto Focus & Manual focus
Don’t know if it’s only me or my projector, but it has issues to set optimal focus! Feels like it steps past the optimal while focusing.
Using manual focus is also hard as it moves focus to much pass the sweet spot.
(Maybe it should move slower…)
Is it only me having this focusing issue?
I tried in different rooms and different placements/distances, but image dosn’t get that crisp!
(Maybe a RMA is needed…)

GUI And Keyboard
GUI some menu navigation is hard to do in apps as ”virtual keyboard” is placed on top!
(GUI resolution changes maybe causing it)

Issues mapping SMB file shares
Tried to connect to a local NAS device using username/password for SMB shares, didn’t get it to work! Only way around was to enable guest access to the specific shares! Probably an application issue using authentification.

Advice on Specific apps
Some apps delivered with the firmware are as I understand not recommended to be updated when prompted or from Aptoide! (If you want full HD or other stuff)
But, is this advice for all pre loaded apps?
Would be nice with a summary or advice with every new release to make it more clear!

:wave: @R347ITY
I got he same issue when trying to connect to my NAS through FTP : it only works when gest access is enable.
I use the app TV File Commander, which app do you use ?
Does someone make authentification work for sharing files through SMB/FTP protocol ?
Which app ?
Thanks in advance :innocent:

Press and hold till it’s almost focused, then do it one step at a time. You may need to go + or - a few times to get the sharp focus.

That said, I’m not sure why the autofocus doesn’t work well for you. Can you make a short video clip?

You can press the teal-coloured down arrow on the keyboard to hide it. Or I think back button should also work.

I’m aware that the built-in keyboard is a bit too big and we are looking to replace it soon with a better one. Suggestions welcome.

Can’t help here as this isn’t an officially supported feature. DLNA is supported though. Or try Plex etc.

This is only the case or Netflix. All other apps can be updated as you wish.

I think the Focus is ok when you first press autofocus and then adjust it some manually (for me pressing left arrow once or twice after autofocus is done.)

Also the blurriness in the image is most seen on the navigation screen, so it might be the graphics/GUI scaling on that page fooling you that the image is bad! Did play a HVEC (HD) movie Right now and it do look sharp!
In next release maybe you could include a 1080p or 4K calibration image easily accessable settings.

The SMB issue is there with the Media Center application (Think it was part of the image)
Will try to debug it some more.

bild bild

1 Like

Regarding updating apps!

So I didn’t touch Netflix app.

Following updates worked directly
Aptoid TV, Prime Video, Youtube, Firefox.

VLC needed a reset/clear of it’s data to get it working after update.

”Settings > About > Version > hidden menu 5xOK > Apps > VLC > Clear data

Hulu kicks me out, but it can be due to geo restrictions! (Didn’t test it before update.)

MX Player Pro, won’t install the available update, downloads, but fails Install…
(Clear of App data didn’t help)

So I decided to uninstall it from Aptoid TV menu and then install it again from same menu in the store! Now it complains, can’t validate the purchase!

How do I get it back?
Or how do i get the update of it working?

1 Like

@Juanito @R347ITY try using X-plore File Manager. It works for me, both for FTP and SMB with login and password.

2 Likes

Hello @Philips_Support_P, thanks for your answer;

• I will do steps suggested by Juanito tomorrow , @Juanito, thank you! i will keep you informed if this is the solution for Amazon prime
  • Yes all this after update to 1.0.27, no problems before
  • I have already done the airmote pairing, i think is a problem related to the bluetooth paired devices, if your airmote is the last one will be connected at the end…so I removed ALL my bluetooth paired devices, then i added first the airmote then re paired all the rest, now i airmote works connection is faster :slight_smile:
  • no answers for the bad battery signaling, I hope you will find the solution, but not a big deal, it doesn’t seems to have a big impact on fonctions.

Regarding autofocus, one observation is that after the focus pattern overlay disappears, it seems like the focus changes a bit. This can be a bit problematic when you adjusted it manually. Anyone else noticed this? @Philips_Support_P Can you perhaps check this?

2 Likes

In order to go back to the pre-installed version, you have to uninstall it from main screen (by pressing the three-lines button in remote), and normally you’ll see this app back in this main screen.

2 Likes

Updated to v1.0.27 went to settings and used the ‘calibrate’ feature… now auto calibration is stuffed.

The projector thinks it’s on an angle when it’s looking dead straight at the wall. So it’s always got a vertical tilt.

It was working 100% fine before the update and using calibrate.

I’ve already tried a factory reset. Didn’t fix. Ideas @Philips_Support_T

:wave: @GoGo
Thanks a lot for the app --> works fine !

Did you calibrate it on a flat, level surface?
Can you post a pic or clip of what you now see projected?

I did. And it’s fixed itself. Turned it on this morning and calibrated it again, works fine now… COOL! Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like