Software Update v1.1.0 is available now

Yeah, I managed to grab it though, but of course Safari unzipped it for me… hopefully re-zipping it will work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Crosspost from another thread, but a lot of people seem to struggle with the update.

A tip for everyone with update problems: please try the offline update. Instructions here. Don’t worry that the download link contains the version number “1.0.21”, it’s the correct file anyway.
The 1.0.21 is just telling the server that’s the version you’re currently running, setting it so far back ensures you’ll get the latest file in return.

4 Likes

Although this link will work at the moment with this FW update, it’s not the recommended way to get the latest firmware. You should always use the link in the post linked above by Sebastian

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and received my PicoPix in February and have followed the threads on this forum with interest without yet posting. I wanted a big screen projector for my home as I lecture in film but I’m no technical expert and many of the more technical posts are completely beyond my expertise.

My experience of PicoPix has been unreservedly great - the projector has performed beyond my expectations with everything working as it should and Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime YouTube and Disney+ apps used regularly. It’s been an absolute Godsend during lockdown with a five year old and three year old in the house!

My only slight gripe has been the fan noise as it’s fairly loud even in Ecomode. Today’s update took a while to download and install, but unbelievably, the fan noise has disappeared completely. It’s a miracle!

When I backed this project on Indiegogo back in the summer, I was aware I wasn’t “buying” a finished product in the way you would from a shop but that it would be a work in progress with a considerable discount.

I’m absolutely delighted with it and feel those with issues/gripes sometimes outshout those who are satisfied. Well done to all concerned and I look forward to further updates!

10 Likes

Updated and seemed to work fine but it crashes and freezes at some point and does not respond to any on the touchpad or home buttons. Have to reboot again everytime. Anybody experiencing this as well?

First of all: does the fan work properly when it freezes (do you feel airflow out of the left vents), is the unit hot to the touch or not?

Perhaps you can try to do the offline update, instructions are available at INFO: How to do offline software update?
If I’m not mistaken the offline update procedure will tell you it found an update file and maybe warn you it’s the same you already have, but still allow you to apply the update. If the first OTA update somehow was botched it might go better if done offline.

But please reply about the fan status first.

Thanks for the response. Yes the fan is working it’s just the display and unit is not responsive. The unit is also not hot at all. Normal just frozen output.

For the update, it downloaded okay and installed completely. Might try it again like what you said. Thanks

1 Like

It could be that a factory reset helps, but I’d want to be sure I factory reset it to a known good firmware image so to speak. You can always try that first, and if it still doesn’t work try to follow my earlier advice.

Will do, thank you - hopefully won’t need a full reset since it’s quite tedious to set up the apps and the settings that I had already put in place.

I tried the OTA upgrade yestereve and got stuck at 33%. When trying today, it says I’ve the latest version while my PPX is on 1.0.29. Any idea what’s going on ?
I can’t download the file for an offline upgrade either despite many attempts. I guess I’ll try again later :thinking:

The server seems to be down for the moment, it didn’t respond when I tried downloading the update either. Try again later.

Yep the same here

Same here, so I downloaded and installed it offline via below steps… I was too impatient :sweat_smile:

Have been using the PPM since end of January and was already very satisfied with it.
However, with the new release I can hardly hear the fan! I like the improved start screen as well. Saves me some time.

Looking forward to try it out in more detail over the weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Mate :slight_smile:

Where is this happening? In a particular app that you use or all apps or just browsing around the settings?

Hello,

i have the same problem and i fix it with this method

1 - don’t try with “check” but push on “offline upgrade”
2 - after you exit of this method and this time “check”
3 - appear the package but don’t agree => you must choose the other option “you want upgrade”

enjoy, the download run :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I’m very impressed by the new noise fan. It is autoadaptative function of the processor heating ?

With the sound it’s magic , no fan sound in normal mode

I’m very enjoy and congratulations for the team

3 Likes

Adaptive to the light engine temperature actually, not the CPU per sé.

1 Like

it crashed once at a specific app (WD My Cloud) and twice more at a random point, no specific app, just casually browsing at the home screen. Would have to test it again to see if it crashes without doing nothing at boot because I don’t think it will…

The server is down (Friday evening — perfect timing).

The How to do offline software update? article has been updated with a new faster link.

Please update via the offline method in the meantime. Thanks.

3 Likes