Software Update v1.1.01 & v1.1.02 are available now

It depends on your need and expectation. I watch movies with my family all the time with the 4-corner enabled and the projector tucked in a corner.

Well, you are right. To be fair, it still have its uses especially once the linearity issue has been fixed. But it’ll be very limited uses such as 1080p@30fps on youtube and no kodi, etc. I wonder if the competitions have the same issue with 4 corner correction. I guess we’re getting off-topic :sweat_smile:

It’s always a question about the purpose of the PPM. For me it’s about portability, for watching outside or a quick setup in the kids room.

For the main - day to day - entertainment I’m using a “big” projector attached to my home entertainment system.

1 Like

Hi.

Just a toutgh

It would be nice if you could make the FOCUS logo smaller and maby in the lower corner.

It gigantic and quiete anoying when trying to get the best focus.

Im trying to Watch the Hole picture and focus on things in the picture.

Like hair or leafs when doing focus in a movie for example.

It would also be nice to access the color correction during playback to finetune the colors

3 Likes

Are you guys for real???..the PPMax is getting better and better with every new update :+1:t2::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

9 Likes
1 Like

Updated OTA within few minutes. Tested S YouTube and VLC Player as I only use these. No issues so far. Well done on delivering quick updates. Thank you and keep up the good work.

1 Like

By the way, the 24hr time display bug still there. Very minor. Not an issue. Thanks.

I don’t think that would be ideal since the purpose of the focus pattern is to cover the whole screen so the focus algorithm will get the best focus for the whole screen :sweat_smile:

There are some hardware limitations preventing it, but we are working on an innovative solution for this.

1 Like

Yepp. But It’s sadly dosent work that well on auto.

Desent but not best focus across the Hole screen.

And the logo prevents you from seeing when manuelly edit the focus.

It’s like having a big logo in the way when looking in binoculars

Well you are right. But most of the time I use the text in the middle when I adjust manually.
Also, I noticed recently that I think you have to give it a few more seconds after you hear the autofocus sound stops and it seems to adjust the focus better with more accuracy. Not sure though if it’s real or it’s just me convincing myself it focuses better :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I thought the purpose of the focus ring is to help in focusing. For me, I look at the lines on the focus ring when I do arrow left/right for fine-tuning the focus.

100% agree on this. There seems to be a couple seconds after you settle on a focus point that is “drifts”?

I thought it was just me.

Please works on the bluetooth range @Philips_Support_P :pensive:
It very too short

@Philips_Support_P Is there a chance we’ll get notification on PPM whenever there’s a new update?
It’ll be helpful for people who are not active in the forums and other communications.
Definitely not matter much to me but I’m just worried about other users not knowing there were updates.

2 Likes

Yes on the home screen and in a companion app. Both are under development.

5 Likes

Just updated, the download was breezy all the way till around 75% then it really hit a snag dropping down to below dial up speeds at times, but eventually succeeded,
Kodi got added with this update, that was a surprise, still don’t get the fuss about Kodi so thought I’ll give it another go, yep still crap and on top the audio is out of sync never had sync issues with other players,
Netflix requires a sign in after every update, oh well I can live with that, YouTube was fine though right where you left it,
Battery percentage issue since v1.1 is still around, after charging it for a few hours the red led turns blue indicating it’s fully charged, but when switched on it shows 99% charged, after running for a few minutes it will reach 100%, when switched off and back on it will be on 99% again all while it is plugged in, not a huge deal but needs to be looked at.

Make sure you enable automatic keystone correction to get the best performance. Kodi is on the heavy-side but it has many features and capabilities. It’s not for everyone though as it is not simple and easy to use at first.

1 Like

Exactly the same