Software Update v1.1.01 & v1.1.02 are available now

@Philips_Support_P So screen mirroring from iPhone11/Macbook works, but when I try to cast via Netflix or Amazon Prime, it fails every time. And I cannot use screen mirroring because there’s too much lag that way. And it was working almost perfectly before the update.

Any updates when we can expect this to be solved?

I would like to download movies from my NAS and store them on the SD Card.

The interesting fact is, that Amazon Prime allows you to select the SD card to download videos. So it’s writable. Netflix In the distributed version in comparison do not allow to save to the SD card. The update however will allow to save it.

So kind of strange behavior…

1 Like

Hi @drvkmr casting is not supported by Netflix and Amazon due to DRM content protection. Please use the apps installed on the projector itself.

Ok got it. Will this be fixed in future at some point? It’s just easier to navigate on the phone.

@SchmuFoo, How can I become a beta tester?

Cheers,
Bryan

1 Like

Mine wasn’t overwritten, making “may” the operative word.

Living on borrowed time…

3 Likes

In the short time I’ve had with the PPM so far I’ve been testing Kodi, and of course the new fix. Out of the box the jerkiness is unwatchable, so thanks to everyone who has contributed to this getting addressed.

Now the mechanics of the fix are making me nervous. I want to turn off keystone correction at all costs. But when I do that (after turning it on to activate the fix), it’s back to jerky heaven. Is that working as intended? Is a dedicated switch planned?

It would be great to get the battery remaining to display inside Kodi, but this will require a plug-in and I guess this is kind of a mission impossible…

What’s next? When can we expect the next release with the known bugs to be fixed.

Also is there an updated list of the bugs and features you are working on? That would be pretty helpful.

We have one here:

Current Bug / Planned Features list

1 Like

I was hoping for an updated list. Just as an example: This lists the “SD Card not writable by other app” as solved, but it is not solved and listed as known bug for the current release.

Hello, I’m sorry to keep coming back to this subject on this forum.

I can’t find (in your RoadMap) the new colour adjustment feature to calibrate the colors as Gregory from passionhomecinema did in his test.
I was talking about this feature :

Am I missing a thing ?
I am a delighted owner … and demanding!
And it is to satisfy my level of requirement that I would have liked to have visibility concerning this function.

Thank you

2 Likes

If you really need this app right away you could sign up to become a beta tester. At the moment it’s the only way to get the application.

Thanks for the update
Just updated to 1.1.02

BUT is it just me or is the noise now worse?
It was fixed with 1.1 but now I have the impression that’s gone back to previous levels
Fan noise at ‘normal’ is quite noticeable
A step back ?

Actually the change is not necessarily to lessen the noise so the result may vary. The fan speed became dynamic depending on the thermal need.

1 Like

From which prior version?

Also are you sure it’s the fan you hear?

And as @kugiigi said, it’s not about being less loud, just being adaptive and depending on the actual thermal need.

Hi
I installed yesterday 1.1.02 from 1.1.0
In my opinion one of the biggest issues that 1.1.0 had fixed was the fan noise which was terrible before. At ‘normal’ image the PPM became very quiet.

Now with 1.1.02 the fan noise is back to almost pre 1.1.0 levels. PPM again very noisy.
Back to square one, sadly!

And sure fan function is adaptive but I guess it always was. Previous firmware 1.1.0 did a much better work. Hope this is fixed.

1 Like

No, the fan speed wasn’t always adaptive. That came in 1.1.0. Before that, the fan was spinning at constant speed, depending only on the image mode without any correlation with the room temperature.

I haven’t noticed any differences in fan noise between 1.1.0, 1.1.01 and 1.1.02.

Anyway the noise is in the ear of the beholder

I have noticed a significant deterioration.
It was great with 1.1.0, now after the upgrade to 1.1.02 fan noise is almost back to the same annoying and disruptive level as before.