Software Update v1.1.01 & v1.1.02 are available now

@Philips_Support_P Is there a chance we’ll get notification on PPM whenever there’s a new update?
It’ll be helpful for people who are not active in the forums and other communications.
Definitely not matter much to me but I’m just worried about other users not knowing there were updates.

2 Likes

Yes on the home screen and in a companion app. Both are under development.

5 Likes

Just updated, the download was breezy all the way till around 75% then it really hit a snag dropping down to below dial up speeds at times, but eventually succeeded,
Kodi got added with this update, that was a surprise, still don’t get the fuss about Kodi so thought I’ll give it another go, yep still crap and on top the audio is out of sync never had sync issues with other players,
Netflix requires a sign in after every update, oh well I can live with that, YouTube was fine though right where you left it,
Battery percentage issue since v1.1 is still around, after charging it for a few hours the red led turns blue indicating it’s fully charged, but when switched on it shows 99% charged, after running for a few minutes it will reach 100%, when switched off and back on it will be on 99% again all while it is plugged in, not a huge deal but needs to be looked at.

Make sure you enable automatic keystone correction to get the best performance. Kodi is on the heavy-side but it has many features and capabilities. It’s not for everyone though as it is not simple and easy to use at first.

1 Like

Exactly the same

If you think kodi is crap you aren’t using it right

1 Like

Perhaps I’m not, the audio sync issue is one, I tried to toggle the auto keystone button that didn’t solve it, I saw in Kodi settings there are adjustments for it, haven’t tried it yet and if it works for one file what about others? Do I have to make adjustments every time before I watch a movie

Kodi offers both a global audio offset and a per-file offset, and it memorizes both.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P Is HDMI-CEC still in the plans to implement?

No

1 Like

Is the colors locked on the HDMI port?

Or is there a way to edit them.

Ive edit the color in the ordinary Menu + the Other you can access throu Clicking 5 times On the version.

But this dosent follow over to the hdmi?

Using the color settings from the hidden menu is NOT recommended. Avoid changing them and yes, it only affects the internal display. At the moment, there’s no way to adjust the color for external devices but there’s an app released to beta testers that has many preset “looks” and also the ability to adjust each LED.

3 Likes

Can the listed Built-in apps be updated via Aptoide?

Yes, you can update the built-in apps in Aptoide TV. Just remember to NEVER update Nextflix and MX Player. Those are special, patched versions.

If you add other apps from other sources, you will probably want to update those from that source and not from Aptoide TV even though an “update” might be available in there.

2 Likes

Hi users, fyi update 1.1.02 is available now, just one urgent change related to a bug with light engine startup on some units.

3 Likes

Updated to v1.1.02 without issues. So far so good. Thanks.

Hopefully solving some of the issues where people have fan noise and audio but no projector output? Was it a sequencing error between power rails and PROJ_ON pin?

1 Like

I can’t start a new post for some reason…

I just updated to the firmware that came out yesterday 1.102
When I ran Netflix it said a new version was available - being that all the advice I’ve seen so far is to NOT update - is it safe to do so now?

Also - I have the Pico on my bed firing up at the ceiling - with auto keystone set to automatic the Homepage appears in a rhombus shape - the bottom left and right sides of the screen are wider than the top, this can be fixed by manually doing keystone correction but it makes the projected screen smaller - is this how it should be performing?

Hmmmm. Downloaded the update to do it offline. Used a USB stick I’ve used for the previous update (and nothing else since), AND a different stick, both formatted to FAT32, and yet the PicoPix is telling me that they’re exFAT. Online update it is, then!

What is wrong with this download server?

I’ve tried downloading the file locally, I get random 404’s or the file starts and then stops, or it takes minutes to start downloads a tiny amount then stops.

Tried on a different broadband connection on a different ISP hundreds of miles away with the same result.

Online update does the same, either tells me nothing it available (after a long delay) or starts, downloads a bit very slowly then stops.