Software Update v1.1.04 is now available

Dear PicoPix Max owners,

Updated 2020-08-09T22:00:00Z – a minor update v1.1.04 is available. This fixes the bug with manual keystone correction setting not being remembered.

v1.1.03 of PicoPix Max software is now available. This update is about internal stability. The change-log is as follows:

Bugfixes & improvements

• Resolved an issue that could make the projector unresponsive when HDMI is plugged in .
  • Picture Sharpness setting is now set to 5% by default.
  • Resolved an issue that some USB2 and USB3 drives are not recognized.
  • Resolved an issue that inserting HDMI and pressing the volume key once will jump two frames.

Internal stability

• Resolved an issue that could occasionally result in generation of corrupted differential updates.
  • Reduce the probability of memory leaks.
  • Resolved an issue with OEM partition validation after multiple reboots, that could lead to online upgrade failure.
  • Added a feature to reset video chip configuration to defaults after installing factory update image.

App updates

• The home screen launcher is updated to v1.4.2 – internal stability and localization update, no user-visible changes on PPX620.
  • NEW: Amazon Prime Video TV version is replacing the tablet version – please see separate download below
  • The following applications have been updated:
    • Kodi (v18.7.2)
    • VLC (v3.2.11)
    • TED TV (v2.0.4)
    • Hulu (v4.2.0.408850)
    • ExpressVPN (v8.1.0.28747-Philips)
    • SmartYouTubeTV (current latest – this app is updated very frequently, it’s possible it’s already out of date by the time this update is released)
    • AirReceiver (v4.9.1-Philips-20200711) – please see separate download below

How to download and install

Method 1 - Online

Go to your projector’s Settings > Software Update > Software Update > Check to download and update.

Method 2 - Offline

Please follow the offline update process.

App updates

Optionally, download and install the following two APKs:

1. Prime Video TV – it’s recommended to uninstall the previous version of Prime Video first.
  2. AirReceiver – used for screen mirroring.

To install, transfer them through a USB stick and choose Installable Apps from the File Manager.

Due to a technical reason these two apps did not make it to the online update. We are moving towards a new update system which will resolve these issues, and make it possible for us to issue app updates independently from OS updates.

Known Issues

• If you do not remove Prime Video before installing Prime Video TV, you will see two icons on the Home screen. Please remove the non-TV version. However, both versions can exist side by side.
  • Prime Video TV may occasionally show a “problem with HDMI connection.” Please try to start the playback again in this case.

Future work

If your bug fix or improvement didn’t make it in this update, rest assured we are working as fast as possible to close all issues on our task list.

Stay healthy and have fun watching movies!

17 Likes

Thank you. I have updated OTA without any issues. Tested S YouTube, MX Player, VLC Player. All OK although the MX Player seems to be smoother compared to VLC Player.

I did not bother updating Prime Video and AirReceiver as it is too troublesome.

I also did not like the default Colour settings. My preference is:

• Brightness = 60%
  • Contrast = 20%
  • Saturation = 50%
  • Sharpness = 20%

The above settings work well for Energy Saving mode (with power charger plugged in).

Thanks and I look forward to the next update.

seems no luck for netflix.

1 Like

I think the current version of Netflix works well generally and so far I’ve yet to have any kind of hiccups. I’m pretty sure it’s the only super portable projector in the market as of right now that has Full HD Netflix on and I’m happy with that at the moment. I mean I’m as excited as anyone to get the TV version of Netflix with a higher resolution, remote friendly interface, newer codecs and bug fixes but for now it’s worked great and isn’t really that much of an issue. I hope they work on more important issues like autofocus and color accuracy for the next update! :innocent:

2 Likes

yes :frowning_face:

Bought FireTV 4K stick :slight_smile: to overcome and experience better Netflix; have to configure with Bluetooth speaker and test/experience.

Hope this help for time being

1 Like

Can you provide updated task list you are working on? Roadmap has not been updated for many months now. What are the high priority tasks you are actively working to fix?

2 Likes

After the update to 1.1.03, Netflix offers to update (even the Netflix icon has a grey corner): don’t update it, right?

1 Like

Prime video stopped working for me after the 1.1.03 update and I did not get the Prime Video TV app installed. I had uninstall Prime Video and reinstall using the last known good version.

Kodi still say 16.8 when it starts.

1 Like

Also, I didn’t update the Netflix app as far as I know, but the poster tiles are now not pixelated anymore (which is good news, I think?). Is that possible? (I did have to re-enter my login credentials, btw).

2 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for the belated update. I couldnt update over OTA, it kept saying it was the latest. So did an offline, seems ok.

What is it you are working on for the next update and is there an ETA?

Ive got another mate purchasing a PPM, so I’m trying to pre-empt whether he’s going to want to kill me in the coming months! Lol

Thanks.

Unfortunately, here (in Germany), my device frequently says: software (1.1.02) is up-to-date.
Repeating the request to update (online), sometimes it detects the new version (1.1.03), but either download won’t start, or, after downloading, claims the software is incorrect.
Update from 1.101 to 1.1.02 however had been successful with the same WLAN and at the same place

1 Like

What do you mean by “transfer them through a USB stick?”

NEVER UPDATE NETFLIX!

5 Likes

The update failed for me. I just tried the online update and it waited for a while and then said invalid package. So I tried downloading the zip, renaming to update.zip and placing it in the root of a FAT32 sd card. I started the updater app and it detected the update.zip file and said the projector would reboot. So after a few minutes of what I assume was the zip package being unpacked, it rebooted and went to the screen with the Android lying on its back with a panel open with the word: “Error!” written above it. Then the projector rebooted as normal.

1 Like

Hadn’t you already installed this from the beta section? Reinstalling the same version from external storage will give you this warning.

No, I never installed it earlier because I was too busy with work.

Update: Tried downloading again and double checked the whole process and it still failed the same way. I tried online update (OTA) and it worked.

TL;DR: I’m on 1.1.0.3 now. Online update worked.

1 Like

READ THE EMAIL AND FIND aIRrECEIVER 52 AND pRIME vIDEO tv 45, CLICK ON THESE TO DOWNLOAD THE APK FILE TO YOUR pc AND TRANSFER TO A USB KEY PUT THIS IN THE ppm AND INSTALL VIA FILE MANAGER. SORRY TO shout did not know cap’s lock was on, sorry.

For some reason the Aptoide Store has disappeared???

The readme says the HDMI related bug is fixed. But I dont see any fix after upgrading to the latest version v1.1.03. PPM still goes unresponsive with HDMI plugged in. @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

1 Like