Dear PicoPix Max owners,
Updated 2020-08-09T22:00:00Z – a minor update v1.1.04 is available. This fixes the bug with manual keystone correction setting not being remembered.
v1.1.03 of PicoPix Max software is now available. This update is about internal stability. The change-log is as follows:
Bugfixes & improvements
- Resolved an issue that could make the projector unresponsive when HDMI is plugged in .
- Picture Sharpness setting is now set to 5% by default.
- Resolved an issue that some USB2 and USB3 drives are not recognized.
- Resolved an issue that inserting HDMI and pressing the volume key once will jump two frames.
- Resolved an issue that could occasionally result in generation of corrupted differential updates.
- Reduce the probability of memory leaks.
- Resolved an issue with OEM partition validation after multiple reboots, that could lead to online upgrade failure.
- Added a feature to reset video chip configuration to defaults after installing factory update image.
- The home screen launcher is updated to v1.4.2 – internal stability and localization update, no user-visible changes on PPX620.
- NEW: Amazon Prime Video TV version is replacing the tablet version – please see separate download below
- The following applications have been updated:
- Kodi (v18.7.2)
- VLC (v3.2.11)
- TED TV (v2.0.4)
- Hulu (v18.104.22.1688850)
- ExpressVPN (v22.214.171.124747-Philips)
- SmartYouTubeTV (current latest – this app is updated very frequently, it’s possible it’s already out of date by the time this update is released)
- AirReceiver (v4.9.1-Philips-20200711) – please see separate download below
How to download and install
Method 1 - Online
Go to your projector’s Settings > Software Update > Software Update > Check to download and update.
Method 2 - Offline
Please follow the offline update process.
Optionally, download and install the following two APKs:
- Prime Video TV – it’s recommended to uninstall the previous version of Prime Video first.
- AirReceiver – used for screen mirroring.
To install, transfer them through a USB stick and choose Installable Apps from the File Manager.
Due to a technical reason these two apps did not make it to the online update. We are moving towards a new update system which will resolve these issues, and make it possible for us to issue app updates independently from OS updates.
- If you do not remove Prime Video before installing Prime Video TV, you will see two icons on the Home screen. Please remove the non-TV version. However, both versions can exist side by side.
- Prime Video TV may occasionally show a “problem with HDMI connection.” Please try to start the playback again in this case.
If your bug fix or improvement didn’t make it in this update, rest assured we are working as fast as possible to close all issues on our task list.
Stay healthy and have fun watching movies!