Software Update v1.3.0 is now available

Has anyone had a problem with the offline update for this version (v1.3.0)?

I updated it successfully, but since then apps got quit unexpectedly very frequently. Pretty sure this is the firmware issue since I didn’t encounter similar thing with the previous firmware version…

Hi, white screen after updating. And nothing else.
I tried to switch it off/on, same problem.
@Philips_Support_P what to do please?

Hi @Hoyo, @EON_ANTOINE please try to factory reset. In rare occasions, some settings from previous version might be “left over” after an update which might conflict, or it’s possible that your device ran out of storage. If a factory reset doesn’t solve the issue, please let us know.

Hi @sandchar99 could you describe what issue you encountered?

Hi @Andrew_Howe sorry to hear that. Could you please follow the recovery restore procedure as described in the first part here: Cable restore procedure

I have a white screen after switching on it. Can’t do anything, so how can I make a factory reset?
Thank you,

Hi @nileshgh you need to simply press the BACK button on your remote after selecting the language / timezone / wifi etc. in their respective screens, to continue the process.

Hi @EON_ANTOINE you can follow the recovery restore process as described in the first part here: Cable restore procedure. You shouldn’t need to follow the cable process so you can ignore that part.

Done. Working fine. Thank you for your quick support.

@Philips_Support_P when I click the back button it briefly goes to the home screen and then the setup screen overlays again. This continues how many times I click the back button. The only way out is in that brief period when home screen is visible to click the setup gear icon.

OK I think this is fixed. Once I opened the setup app from the icon I was able to keep going next and finish the process.

Hi PicoPix team, I noticed a translation mistake on the first picture you shared. On the picture listed several languages with one meaning (Welcome), so the Russian word you used (желанный) is wrong and has a different meaning.
I would recommend to use this one → “Добро пожаловать”=Welcome (on Russian)

1 Like

I will wait for the bugfix release of 1.3.0 :smiley:

PHILLIPS you should add a warning to the update progress and inform your customers that they have to fix a broken update themself!

1 Like

at least

The problem with the latest updates is that the autofocus on startup is not working. I’ve to manually press the autofocus button again on every startup. Thus I disabled this function hope you can fix it on your our next updates.

Such a fine product with such poor software :(. I’m pretty disappointed. I feel like a bought a sport car but cannot go over 30km/h or it crashes

2 Likes

This points to the problem with the charger, I had the same issue and charger replacement helped. Test it with macbook pro charger if you have it, or any 65W+ usb-c charger.

1.3.0 Luckily so far so good.

Still wish we could have included the UI magnification option, for 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.5x. I’d like to reduce the magnification. There seems to be an adb method, but haven’t been explained yet.

Ever since the upgrade, the Welcome screen pops up everytime I start the projector. Is there a way to switch this off? It’s pretty annoying…

Is it the setup screen. Probably worth completing the setup process