Software Update v1.3.0 is now available

Is this the latest software version? Does it support PPX620CN? Does the language adapt to Simplified Chinese?

Hello, the CN software is totally different. you cannot install an INT version into a CN hardware version.

Hey Mats did you ever find a way to get iView working? our Bluey machine is no longer!

No, I didn’t look into it further. Philips said ABC have changed the app to require something called Google Play, which this projector does not support.

Only just saw that there was an update available, so went to update it, hoping it would solve some of the nonstop infuriating issues of this projector. It downloaded the update, powered off and on twice during the process, and now is stuck on a blank screen. Can’t power it off, not with the remote, not on the projector itself, not holding for 10+ seconds. So so sick of this thing.

Try the manual update via usb storage.

This update ruined my autofocus. Now, my PPM is always blurry and I have to focus manually. It’s not there any solution. I tried to restart, tried to focus to the floor and the ceeling, and it doesn’t work. There wiil be any patch to fix that? (I noticed some other users have the same autofocus problem)

@Philips_Support_P

My machine has the same problem. I don’t know how to fix the problem.

It looks like the autofocus camera is not working. Or its driver fails. But there’s not any tool to evaluate or any diagnosis sofware.

1 Like

Is there a reason why the Autofocus gives different results every time I press the focus button ?

I can understand if it’s not able to focus in the right way on every surface, but if the projector is in a fixed position, with the same environmental lights, and I launch the autofocus two times in a row, it should give the same result every time.

Instead I need to use the autofocus like 3/4 times to have an acceptable result.

Same as everyone here. Autofocus is poor, this is a replacement PJ and came with the latest firmware. Doesn’t allow me to manually focus anymore like my old Max - you guys the same?

Manual focus is possible ONLY on Android input, with HDMI only the Auto works.

If you use HDMI, the best way to obtain a good result is to go back to Android, correct the focus manually and then go back to HDMI.

Manual focus anyway is strange, the precision differs from left and right steps, so sometimes one of them surpasses the best focus and you have to go back with the other that is more precise…

Thanks for the tip. I’m still not getting manual on Android, the only issue I can fix on this replacement “v2” unit (it has a white light not blue, which is weird too)

I’ll plug in a HDMI to see if that nudges it back on in Android mode when it goes back

I found out a little trick that seems working well for the auto-focus while on HDMI…

Just show a fullscreen image of a crosshair with a white background during the auto-focus, and it will work almost perfectly most of the time.

Here a random list of images to try out:

Are we gonna have any firmware or app update soon? Seems it has been quite long since the last one.

Of course, we are working actively on the Home Screen refresh.

Was about to ask the same thing, last update was 18 months ago. My bluetooth for audio is playing up and hoped a Firmware upgrade would fix. But no firmware to update :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not in a hurry to upgrade, because I know, that there are always errors in new software (I’ve been making software for 25 years). But now, I decided to upgrade my PPM to version 1.3.x and I was shocked, how the image quality improved, the rendering of even the smallest letters is now perfect. I think, that even now my PPM is Full HD.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issues - launcher V2