Software Update v1.3.0 is now available

Hi, white screen after updating. And nothing else.
I tried to switch it off/on, same problem.
@Philips_Support_P what to do please?

Hi @Hoyo, @EON_ANTOINE please try to factory reset. In rare occasions, some settings from previous version might be ā€œleft overā€ after an update which might conflict, or itā€™s possible that your device ran out of storage. If a factory reset doesnā€™t solve the issue, please let us know.

Hi @sandchar99 could you describe what issue you encountered?

Hi @Andrew_Howe sorry to hear that. Could you please follow the recovery restore procedure as described in the first part here: Cable restore procedure

I have a white screen after switching on it. Canā€™t do anything, so how can I make a factory reset?
Thank you,

Hi @nileshgh you need to simply press the BACK button on your remote after selecting the language / timezone / wifi etc. in their respective screens, to continue the process.

Hi @EON_ANTOINE you can follow the recovery restore process as described in the first part here: Cable restore procedure. You shouldnā€™t need to follow the cable process so you can ignore that part.

Done. Working fine. Thank you for your quick support.

@Philips_Support_P when I click the back button it briefly goes to the home screen and then the setup screen overlays again. This continues how many times I click the back button. The only way out is in that brief period when home screen is visible to click the setup gear icon.

OK I think this is fixed. Once I opened the setup app from the icon I was able to keep going next and finish the process.

Hi PicoPix team, I noticed a translation mistake on the first picture you shared. On the picture listed several languages with one meaning (Welcome), so the Russian word you used (Š¶ŠµŠ»Š°Š½Š½Ń‹Š¹) is wrong and has a different meaning.
I would recommend to use this one ā†’ ā€œŠ”Š¾Š±Ń€Š¾ ŠæŠ¾Š¶Š°Š»Š¾Š²Š°Ń‚ŃŒā€=Welcome (on Russian)

1 Like

I will wait for the bugfix release of 1.3.0 :smiley:

PHILLIPS you should add a warning to the update progress and inform your customers that they have to fix a broken update themself!

1 Like

at least

The problem with the latest updates is that the autofocus on startup is not working. Iā€™ve to manually press the autofocus button again on every startup. Thus I disabled this function hope you can fix it on your our next updates.

Such a fine product with such poor software :(. Iā€™m pretty disappointed. I feel like a bought a sport car but cannot go over 30km/h or it crashes

2 Likes

This points to the problem with the charger, I had the same issue and charger replacement helped. Test it with macbook pro charger if you have it, or any 65W+ usb-c charger.

1.3.0 Luckily so far so good.

Still wish we could have included the UI magnification option, for 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.5x. Iā€™d like to reduce the magnification. There seems to be an adb method, but havenā€™t been explained yet.

Ever since the upgrade, the Welcome screen pops up everytime I start the projector. Is there a way to switch this off? Itā€™s pretty annoyingā€¦

Is it the setup screen. Probably worth completing the setup process

After updating ABC iView no longer works. I get this message vertically on a black screen:

ā€œABC iView wonā€™t run without Google Play services, which are not supportedā€

I have tried other ABC apps, I have tried to Airplay from iOS apps, I have done a factory reset, but nothing works. Other apps seem to work.

1 Like

Good news for me because updating from 1.2.4 to 1.3.0 is successful so farā€¦hopefully I wonā€™t encounter issues eventuallyšŸ˜†