The future of PicoPix Max | UI/Features you would like to see

Hello @_fov good suggestion, we will add a “Force Stop” option to the context menu!

1 Like

On a slightly off-topic note, I can read the beta-launch but I can not post or reply there. That makes it harder to give feedback.

With the new beta launcher even with RC2 going back from an app or settings menu does not take back to the home screen but just see a blank screen. Have to press Home to get to the home screen

Uninstalling an app from its context menu leaves the icon in the launcher until the launcher is scrolled.

Apps in the launcher can not be opened by pointing an clicking; when clicking with the (top left) pointer click, the app icon that currently has the focus is launched instead of the app underneath the pointer.

Another topic with the new launcher, I’m missing the time left estimation running on battery.
Overall, I like the new look & feel :grinning:

Dear PicoPix Max users,

Great news: we have rolled out the Home Screen Launcher V2 to everyone! Read details here on what’s new. In a nutshell: better performance and stability.

Over the next few weeks we will release further updates. We are aware of certain missing features in this initial rollout like favourite apps and battery time remaining. We are working to bring those back as soon as we can.

Would like to be able to hide (for me) ‘useless’ apps like File manager and Media Center. Would like battery percentage.

I agree with you, the ability to hide some unused apps would be great.
I have installed version 2.3.4 and there is still the screeneo launcher visible on the dashboard. With the previous version of the launcher (v1), it was hidden. I believe this is a bug, correct ?

In fact the previous launcher will be removed when we will push the new launcher by FOTA update. Please remove the 2.2.4 APK and app from your Max, restart it and you should see a pop up appearing asking you to update it

I noticed in the new launcher, the apps cannot be clicked with the mouse pointer anymore, only with the okay button. Clicking with the pointer does the same as okay button it seems (so if you already navigated to another app, THAT app will open, not the one you’re pointing and clicking with the mouse pointer). Probably you know this already but I just wanted to give you notice of this.

1 Like

With version 2.3.5, clicking apps with the mouse pointer seems to be fixed (jaj!). Unfortunately it seems to have made navigating the apps with the up/down/left/right buttons a lot worse. When the view moves up or down, the selection is reset to the app the mousepointer was on when it was last active.

Steps to reproduce:

• Have more than 12 apps installed
  • Scroll all the way down the the apps
  • Activate the pointer and hover over the app in the bottom left (keep the pointer here)
  • Now use the up & right buttons to scroll up and to the right (deactivating the pointer)

When reaching the top row of icons and the icons have scrolled up, the app selection is reset to the lower left app icon. As a result, the icons scroll back down.

1 Like

Yes, I just saw strange behavior too. Pressing the up arrow a few times, the active tile mostly goes up, but sometimes down. And sometimes skips and moves 2 places, also sideways and down btw. Something is not right.

Hello, we are aware of the issues with mouse and D-pad navigation and a fix will be out tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

The Disney plus app requires another update. The current version 2.2.0-rc5 will not load and will require an update. It goes in Aptoide store to look for an update, which it does not have. Please fix this! Thank you!

Since 2.4 the side menu isn’t working anymore, except the new ‘Help’ option.

Confirm same issue. nothing works on side menu. critical bug!

Same Issue here, cant access most items on side menu, including the more settings section. Tried to revert to launcher 2.3.2 from the " NEW: Launcher V2 available for all thread (put it on a usb and plugged that in). The 2.3.2 apk fails to install, so we cant go back to that (and its the one that supposedly fixed this issue). Dont know where to go from here unless support an give us some more detail on how to fix this.

Hello all, our dev guys have had a case of the Fridays as the latest Launcher update indeed has a bug in the sidebar. But don’t worry, they’re preparing the hot fix as we speak. We ask for your patience for the next few hours.

1 Like

The bug fix v2.4.3 has been released. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Any chance to get the restart option added to the Power menu?