Tracking number is not working

The Backerkit messages are all tailored for the pre Covid pandemic situation in which the packages would indeed show up on the tracking within 2 days when shipped directly from DHL Hong Kong.

Please read this to see how the shipping process works in our case however: explanation by IvoG or
explanation by PhilipsSteve, followed by this graphic depiction by imdevu.

2 Likes

Hi IvoG,

I understand everything now. But previously the system was seamless to the end user who only has the backerkit and dhl site to go on. There was no mention of forwarder or status update to let anyone know of these things. It would have been MUCH easier to just send an update email to everyone rather than having to create an account on a community forum which is very cryptic to navigate. In my opinion this is a large oversight on Philips. Filtering people into a website to get answers is a mistake. Especially for those who donā€™t have the time or the technical skills to do so.
I donā€™t mind waiting since Iā€™ve waited this long and itā€™s queued up to be delivered. Is there an estimated time frame that is standard for people to wait or can this take weeks or months to ship?

Thereā€™s been several emails via Indiegogo about the progress of the campaign. Also, thereā€™s never been any demand to read anything on the forum. Itā€™s just an extra for those who find that they want to follow the project more closely. Every backer will get their perk, regardless of whether they ever visit this forum or not.

The reason this forum was created in the first place was that many backers more or less demanded to get information about everything, starting from the availability of parts to the progress of manufacturing and minute details about the shipping. So, even though you think the forum was not needed and even bad for the project, thereā€™s a lot of backers who disagree.

As for the time frame, the last list of backers is being prepared right now, containing about 800 names. If everything works out like it has up until now, it should take something like 3-4 weeks before all of those projectors are delivered after that list has been published.

Please keep in mind that my guesstimate is solely based on the experience of previous shipments and I have no further insight in the shipping process. If you want a more exact and trustworthy estimate, you will have to wait until Ivo or somebody else who works with the shipping gives you that.

2 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll wait ofcourse no issue there. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I donā€™t disagree about the need for a forum. To clarify further Iā€™m just saying that backerkit was the place people were directed to when after months of anxiously waiting we receive an email saying hey look your product is going to arrive. Shortly after I got that email the indiegogo page directed everyone whether they liked it or not to this community forum. So it wasnā€™t by choice. I didnā€™t have an option to get a reply through indiegogo since Philips said they wonā€™t be replying through that site anymore and I would need to come here.

I didnā€™t see any other emails about extended shipping times or explanation about the shipping status email sent within it saying anything other than ā€œhere is your tracking numberā€ In that same email there should have been some note in there saying this is the tracking info. But. ā€œfill in the blankā€ explaining the situation somehow in the email or on backerkit directly. The majority of people like myself click the link expected and are excited to track their projectorā€™s path to their doorstep are met with confusion and frustration. The only thing I had to go by was that on backerkit there was a note saying it might take two days for the item to show up with status on DHL and thats it. That note should read due to the Pandemic it could take up to another 3-4 weeks to show. Just something to consider for future notifications and emails on this or other projects.

Thanks for the feedback Iā€™m not here to complain Iā€™m just anxious to get the product like everyone else. I appreciate your patience and resilience through all of this. My replies were not meant to create more stress on you or any other moderator / admin for this forum. Iā€™m just stating my opinion as one of the people that experienced the process first hand.

3 Likes

dear
the backer id is 11605987. I got a mail stating that your ppm is shipped with tracking details. but I try to track it with tracking no. the errors come-"No shipment with given tracking number found.
the details are under:
|Date|. Tracking Details
05/30/20|. DHL ā€“ 2630227062

thanks in advance
Suresh Kakkar
India

May I suggest since youā€™re here anyways Shawn, that you read the News summary if you havenā€™t yet? We created the summary thread so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot. You can easily find this thread by clicking on the News button in the top menu bar of the forum. Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted to comment or ask questions.

1 Like

Hello guys,

about a week ago I received a tracking number, so I checked it in DHL.de page and it states, that my ppx was delivered to me on 05.13, but tracking number was received only 7 days ago. What I can do for this? This information is misleading.

When I push that red letter line it shows to me, that my parcel is in Italyā€¦

I just donā€™t understandā€¦

Go through the below post. Seems you have a number that DHL reused.

1 Like

imdevu, Thanks!

Maybe you know, when I can expect to see exact tracking of my ppx? If I received tracking number 8 days ago, so when it will be active and not misleading?

have a nice day!

The trend is currently showing around 2 weeks. Iā€™d be patient for another week. The team is tying to actively following up with the forwarder to bring in most current information to you. Please use the news link on the top right of the screen to get the updates (if available)

2 Likes

Hi! I got my tracking ID May 20thā€¦ but still no update on the DHL webside. Anyone else having the same experience? Or has it been so long that I should be worried?

same here fore me too.

I got my tracking number on May 30, still not working.

A post was split to a new topic: Status update request - Oliver Collard

I got my tracking number on 30 May, but still not working, any good news?

None (or almost none) of the tracking codes sent out on 30th or 31st May show any progress yet. I know itā€™s painfully slow, but youā€™ll have your projector soon.

Hi,

Been checking my tracking number regularly and cannot see any movement on it since 31/05/2020. Odd that it states it has been delivered to Amazonā€¦is there an issue with my shipment? My contribution ID is 17070.

Please wait another week.

Many thanks for the assurance, will wait patiently some more :smile:

2 Likes