Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

@Philips_Support_P or @Philips_Support_2 my request is open but no reply since the troubleshooting was done.

How long do you usually take to reply and what should I do with this?

1 Like

Hello @Alessandro_Giordo please contact support@screeneo.com for a replacement. Please copy-paste your troubleshooting results in your email so your replacement is approved quickly.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P, yes sorry I meant I contacted them via the support website but heard nothing after the reply.
I’ve sent them a chaser email too now. Support id is 19319

1 Like

Just received my projector. Can’t start it up. I did all the steps. Charged it. LED is blue, but I can’t power it on. Nothing happens.

Which methods exactly did you try to turn it on?

Check Power Adapter and USB cable

• Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
  • Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
  • Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

• Make sure the projector is powered OFF. YES
  • Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! YES
  • Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? LED red and after 3 hours blue. But can’t turn it on.
  • If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    • the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket.
    • do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty.
  • If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section.

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector:

• Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen?
    • if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
    • does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear?
    • does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen?
  • Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

• Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? NO
  • Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? Yes
  • What is the altitude of your city? (the atmosphere might be thin!) At sea level
  • What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 23 Celcius

The remote pointing at the IR port at the back didn’t work either I assume?

No, tried the remote, but nothing happens.

1 Like

There is absolutely no image coming up. Never did since unpacking. Not even the Phillips symbol, regardless whether having plugged any device into it or not. The fan it is quite loud even the room temperature is low. No reaction when clicking any touchpad button on the remote control. I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Did you go through the troubleshooting steps?

1 Like

Yes, I did. Tried it several times, but always the same reaction. Did it with the projector only and plugged into an iPad or iPhone via USB-C. Always loud fan noise as soon as I pressed powder and no reaction on the lamp.

Please check this comment Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

Dear Support Team (@Philips_Support_T)

Replying to your e-mail of today: I connect the charger to (correct USB-C port for charging, far right side). The PPM is switched off there is no led light indicator at all. When the PPM is turned on (there is some battery power from the box) there is no charging indication, the battery is becoming lower. Please note that I have already done the latest software update.
I have tried to charge my smart phone (Samsung A50) using the PPM charger and USB-C cable but no charging either.
I suppose the charger and/or the cable are defective.
Is this enough information for you? Do you need anythin else?
Tryfon Karachalios Backer ID 7898

Hello,
We are sorry to learn you face a problem with your PicoPix Max.
In order to solve this issue as soon as possible, we just sent you the RMA procedure you have to follow.
Hoping to have answered to your request, we wish you a nice day.
Best regards,

@Philips_Support_T, I have yet received a response from bugreport@ after 8 days; please advise how to proceed with my DOA unit.

Hello,
We are sorry you face an issue with your PicoPix Max and just sent you the procedure for replacement by separate email.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
Best regards,

Hello Philips support,
my PicoPix Max arrived on (2nd of May), however the projector does not light up at all. Everything mentioned in this thread has been tried but still no luck:

• battery has been fully charged

• external power supply was used

• PC can detect the project via USB-C and HDMI but no light comes out!

I have shared the video with your colleague on Maz 09 showing how the fans start spinning
but the projector does not turn on the light at all! I sent a reminder again on Maz 12 to your colleague under the ticket#19046.

https://screeneo-innovationhelp.zendesk.com/attachments/token/pDaqdMEbmQnypCqlXaieHejoO/?name=projector.mp4

However, I have not received any further feedback so far! Please let me know how I can proceed!!

1 Like

No answer from support@screeneo.com at all :-((

Hello @Philips_Support_T ,

I’m waiting for your reply to my mail from the 14.5 and the 16.5 after filling up your form for defect unit.
Best regards

In addition to the description and video I shared above. Blow are more details following the procedure of troubleshooting. @IvoGrijt, so far, I have not received any reply from the support to my last message. I am really disappointed with this project and defect device.

Check Power Adapter and USB cable

• Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
  • Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
  • Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

• Make sure the projector is powered OFF. YES
  • Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! YES
  • Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? LED red and after 3 hours blue. But can’t turn the light on. Fan starts working. The device can be detected via USB-C using a PC, but not light comes out!
  • If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    • the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket. DONE
    • do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty. The adapter works fine.
  • If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section. YES

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector: NO, there is no light at all!

• Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen?
    • if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
    • does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear?
    • does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen?
  • Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

• Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? YES
  • Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? YES
  • What is the altitude of your city? (the atmosphere might be thin!) Germany, Elevation: 266m
  • What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 17 Celsius