Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

@IvoGrijt thanks for the approval.
should i send an email with the answer to the questionnaire to → support@screeneo.com

1 Like

Yes please.

1 Like

I had sent all my required information and my shipping information but they have still not taken my faulty device. Please help @IvoGrijt.

Philips Support (Philips Projection)

Jun 5, 2020, 12:21 PM GMT+2

Dear Kelvin,
We are running behind to issue shipping labels to arrange the pickup and will do our utmost to send them next week.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,

PROJECTOR/FAX/STB Philips Consumer Care“

They have since then replied the same message two weeks after, and I have followed up three times and have not received any reply or follow up.

Thanks, Teresa and Kelvin

A post was merged into an existing topic: Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

A post was merged into an existing topic: Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

Got link on email, I detailedly explained provlem in another topic:
[Projector randomly stops drawing external power / Only charges for 5mins at a time]

And here are the answers:
(Projector randomly stops drawing external power / Only charges for 5mins at a time)

1 Like

Bonjour,

Je rencontre des problèmes avec mon PPM depuis quelques jours, ce qui m’amène sur cette discussion puisque le sujet semble le plus proche de mon problème.
Tout fonctionnait très bien depuis la réception en juin, mais depuis cette semaine lorsque j’allume le PPM aucune image n’apparaît, en tout cas lors du premier essai. En effet, en essayant plusieurs fois la projection fini par fonctionner mais cela peut varié de 2 à une vingtaine d’essais.

Est-ce que vous avez une solution ?

J’accompagne mes réponses au questionnaire ci-dessus :

Check Power Adapter and USB cable

• Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
  • Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
  • Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

• Make sure the projector is powered OFF.
  • Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)!
  • Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work?
  • If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    • the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket.
    • do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty.
  • If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section.
    Aucun problème de chargement, tout fonctionne ventilation, sons, focus, etc. mais pas d’image.

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector:

• Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen? NO
    • if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
    • does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear? NO
    • does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen? NO
  • Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section. Jamais eu d’arrêt provoqué par le PPM.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

• Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? YES
  • Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? YES
  • What is the altitude of your city? 154 mètres d’altitude.
  • What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 20°C

Voilà, tout j’espère que vous pourrez me guider vers la marche à suivre.
Cordialement,

Hi, I just received my PPM and I turn it on but no video is coming out. The projector does not emits any video. Does anyone have this problem? How did you guys initially turn it on? I charged it for 3 hrs now and no video. It sounds like the lens is trying to open but it nothing is happening. This is such frustrating for me since I’m a forgotten backer and now that I received it it doesn’t even work. Do @philips even do quality control. I could have just bought an off the shelf no name brand for 100 and be satisfied.

Please check the first message in this thread for troubleshooting tips.

Fan turns on but nothing is picture. I tried what is above listed.

I tried the troubleshooting tips prior to posting but nothing. Just the fan running that is it.

Is there a reset button on this? How do I register this to Philip website, it’d asking me the purchase date and proof but I bought it through indiegogo

Please send an email to support@screeneo.com stating the answers to this questionnaire and they will help you from there on.

done, how to signup for the warranty for this if i purchase it through indigogo

this is basdically a DOA item but yet i dont get enough traffic from @Philips_Support_3 @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T @PhilipsNono unlike the PicoPix Max dead on arrival.

i am super frustrated with this unit. is it possible to get a refund for this ???

Marc, please realize the timezone difference between you and the rest of the Philips Projection.
You’ve sent a ticket, in a few hours my colleagues will be awake and at the office and will pick up your ticket.

Please refrain from spamming the forum or other channels, we will get back to you.

1 Like

will they cover the DHL fee if i ask for a replacement ?

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’ve used my PPM a few times now and have had almost every time the same experience:

1. PPM Is fully charged
  2. PPM starts up perfectly without any issues
  3. We start playing a video (from USB/Netflix/…) - sometimes in a ventilated room, sometimes outside
  4. At a random time the PPM shuts down (complete shutdown without any warning)
  5. We can’t by any means turn it back on (not with the power on button on the PPM not with the power button on the remote - remote isn’t yet bluetooth linked yet but is pointed at the back of the PPM)
  6. I can plug it in the Power outlet and after a few seconds it will power on again (when unplugging the power after that the PPM shows a random percentage where the battery is at, we’ve seen numbers in the 60’s and the latest was in the 80’s percentale)
  7. When unplugged sometimes it can go on till the end of the movie then, sometimes it will immediatly shutdown again.

I have had this problem in Belgium and in Italy (only 2 places I have been so far with the PPM this week) in diverse weather situations, outdoors, indoors, temperature, humidty doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Kindle provice me with some feedback on how to resolve this since the current ‘suggestions’ aren’t going to cut it.

Kind regards,
Arne Claerebout

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_3 @PhilipsNono @Philips_Support_T please take a look at the above message!

The most important thing in your experience isn’t mentioned: what brightness level do you use it on: Energy Saver, Normal, or Presentation?
And how many minutes does it exactly run on at these settings?