Troubleshooting: Projector won't power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

Yes, if there’s a signal or device on the HDMI input it will switch to it after briefly starting up in the Android OS.

1 Like

Any other ideas why the remote would completely stop working in such case? I cant go back home nor power it off. Also I forgot to mention the touch panel doesnt work either.

1 Like

@Vish, can you do the following: only plug the HDMI after the projector has started up. Does it still happen?

I suspect that when you turn on the projector with HDMI plugged in, the internal Android doesn’t get a chance to initialize correctly.

Hi, hope there is an easy fix. Can’t wait for a full user manual!
I was watching a movie and abruptly PicoPix max shut off. Now I have plugged it in, in case it is battery. LED is showing green. I can’t get projector to turn back on via airmote (flashes red 5 times when I try) or via power button.
What should I do?

Hi @sirota you have plugged the charging cable into the video port. Please plug it into the other one!

1 Like

Good catch, I knew I had seen a green LED before but couldn’t tie it up!

Fantastic, thanks! That’s the sort of answer I was hoping for :slight_smile:

@Philips_Support_P - This sounds like an issue to me. Do you think this will be addressed in the next releases?

Hi,
After finally receiving my unit, the PPM turns on with the ventilator etc… But no image is coming out…
I’ve contacted your support via email
Here are my replies :

Christ I just got it and been waiting since September, the fan starts but no light coming out. Why me? I hate this already :sweat_smile:
@Philips_Support_P I have done all the steps, it powers on and I can hear the loud fan, but no video

@Philips_Support_P or @Philips_Support_2 my request is open but no reply since the troubleshooting was done.

How long do you usually take to reply and what should I do with this?

1 Like

Hello @Alessandro_Giordo please contact support@screeneo.com for a replacement. Please copy-paste your troubleshooting results in your email so your replacement is approved quickly.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P, yes sorry I meant I contacted them via the support website but heard nothing after the reply.
I’ve sent them a chaser email too now. Support id is 19319

1 Like

Just received my projector. Can’t start it up. I did all the steps. Charged it. LED is blue, but I can’t power it on. Nothing happens.

Which methods exactly did you try to turn it on?

Check Power Adapter and USB cable

• Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES
  • Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES
  • Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

• Make sure the projector is powered OFF. YES
  • Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! YES
  • Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? LED red and after 3 hours blue. But can’t turn it on.
  • If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:
    • the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket.
    • do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty.
  • If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section.

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector:

• Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen?
    • if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.
    • does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear?
    • does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen?
  • Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

• Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? NO
  • Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? Yes
  • What is the altitude of your city? (the atmosphere might be thin!) At sea level
  • What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 23 Celcius

The remote pointing at the IR port at the back didn’t work either I assume?

No, tried the remote, but nothing happens.

1 Like

There is absolutely no image coming up. Never did since unpacking. Not even the Phillips symbol, regardless whether having plugged any device into it or not. The fan it is quite loud even the room temperature is low. No reaction when clicking any touchpad button on the remote control. I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Did you go through the troubleshooting steps?

1 Like