Unit seems to have an internal charging system fault and can't calculate projection time remaining properly

My projector won’t charge properly anymore. I have only owned it for a few months and have lightly used it. This problem started to happen back in August (only a month and a half after receiving it) but I decided that I would try to test the unit with an alternative charger before opening a case. Unfortunately It no longer reaches a 100% charge level and starts to flash - alternating between it’s blue (charged) and red (charging) lights. It seems to be confused about whether it is fully charged or not and also doesn’t seem to be able to properly calculate it’s “remaining projection time”. It reaches it’s confused charging end-state at different battery levels. One day it will stop at 78% and then the next day it might reach 94%…never 100%. I’ve tried draining the battery completely and recharging it in hopes that it will recalibrate itself correctly. Unfortunately this did not work. I also bought a new USB-C charger that can output the same level as the one that came with the unit (INPUT:100-240V-1.5A, 50/60Hz, max 65W / OUTPUT: 20V—3.25A, 20.3V—3A, 15V—3A, 9V—3A, 5V—3A) and had the same result. I shot a video of me demonstrating all of this, including how both USB-C chargers have the same effect on the unit’s charging. Another strange detail that supports my theory that the unit does not seem to be able to correctly calculate it’s charge level / remaining projection time is that the settings screen (where it tells you how much projection time you have left) has given me messages from “A lot of time remaining” to unqualified time periods like 14hrs. Again, the calculated remaining time message changes and does not seem to be related to the charge level at all. The ridiculous remaining projection times have appeared when the unit is displaying lower charge levels - like 76% for example. I would like to replace the unit with a properly functioning one. I love the product…just disappointed with the one I have.

Exactly the same problem with mine…I use it very few when I travel and want to charge before, it reaches 78 % , never more !!!

This appears to be an issue with the latest update, as I started to have the same issue too. I have a 12v charger, a battery bank, the OEM charger and another one that all now have the same issue, but they all worked perfectly before the latest update.
I don’t think your unit is defective, it’s just a change that was made in the latest update that needs some tweaking.
The workaround I found for the issue was to change the display mode from Presentation to Normal and it works exactly as it should. I know this means it’s not showing full brightness, but it’s better than switching the power off/on, which causes the screen to go black for a split second.

Hopefully this is something the devs are aware of and are working on it.

This sounds like the “charging red & blue flashing issue” I had with my previous unit before getting it replaced.

See the thread below and see if this is what you’re experiencing.

https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/charging-led-blinking-blue-and-red-when-plugged/6833/130