What hardware have you tested to connect and power through the PPM? Have you noticed any interesting side effects?
The PPM worked OK with:
- a simple USB sound card, that could both record and play audio through the connected headset,
- three non-powered hubs daisy-chained (the final one of which is ancient, pre-USB 2.0),
- multiple storage media connected via USB stick and card reader,
- multiple mice (all control the same pointer as the airmote),
- and a physical keyboard.
Some slight issues with the above that could be improved:
- I can’t find how to switch to Nordic/Swedish keyboard layout for the physical USB keyboard.
- When I open the file manager app I am presented with a choice between Internal (the PPM:s internal flash), SD (the PPM:s own micro-SD slot) and USB (storage connected via USB). However, when selecting USB with multiple storage media connected there, the next dialog asks me to select one of them based on its volume serial number, not the volume label.
These did not work for me:
- I tested a basic SSD in a USB 3 enclosure (on its own, as well as attached to the USB 2.0 hub). It lit up its blue LED, and the PPM:s hidden menu showed it was recognized as storage. However, it had status “safely ejected”.
- A Canon LiDE 210 USB-powered scanner showed no signs of life. I did not test finding Android drivers for it yet though :).