Using more than one bluetooth speaker

Rather than creating more forum clutter, I’m rebooting this thread and adding some further queries.

I’m enjoying the PPM, it’s great for what it is, a portable projector.

I’ve been using my old JBL bluetooth speaker, works fine, no discernable lip sync issues.

I’m now looking to upgrade the speaker and want to look at a portable stereo solutio, a true left and right speaker setup.

What’s people got and is there an update to the 5.0 in the works @Philips_Support_P? Or do you have any official/unofficial suggestions for better sound quality outdoors? I understand the output over BT or 3.5mm is stereo no matter what app you’re using, is that correct? Cheers.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P How long before we see an update that allows multiple headphones paired at the same time?

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P

Hi Prashant, still very keen to learn of an update for this issue please! The sound from the Boom 3 speaker we are using is very good… but I would to have it paired in stereo with the other Boom 3 speaker that is sitting, sadly, in its box, waiting and hoping for this issue to be resolved.

There was a planned update in the Bluetooth system - can you confirm any timelines for that please?

Thank you again - very much enjoying the PPM… just one more little issue and it would be close to perfect!

2 Likes

I too would like to see this update otherwise the bluetooth 5.0 chip is kinda wasted, but while I know 5.0 is able to pair with 2 speakers headphones etc I’m not sure if it can split in to 2 channels left to one and right to another speaker for stereo sound, it might just be sending out the same sound to the 2 speakers at the same time, more useful for a boombox dance party than it is for watching movies, someone needs to confirm that hope I’m wrong,
Also Ultimate Ears speakers can already link their speakers through their app for stereo although I heard this method will cause a slight delay in sync, but adjustments can be made in VLC player etc

1 Like

Any update on this capability?

Also asking, any update? This was one of the features promised during the IndieGogo campaign, and was certainly a key part of my planned use case for the projector. Right now if two of us want to watch a movie after the kids go to bed I use an external bluetooth dongle plugged into the audio port, I’d love to have 2 headphones connected directly.

3 Likes

+1

I’ve used 2x JBL Charge 3 with my PPM. I link one with Picopix and then chain the two speakers together with Bluetooth. Works well!

I second this. @Philips_Support_P.

When will be software update?

Thank you.

Some news ?
If it can’t be done, my use of the projector will be reduced (i use it 2 times since i’ve received it)
So I will sell it or send it back…

@Philips_Support_P

Hi Prashant, any update on the Bluetooth update please?

Some news after 1 year ???

1 Like

Hi all,

Kind of disappointed to read this feature never got released - but in case it helps - a workaround we found which works pretty well.

Used my Galaxy Tab S5e to pair multiple bluetooth devices:

Tested with:

• AirPods Pro
  • Apple Beats Solo3
  • Skullcandy Crusher)

Connect it to the PPM via HDMI and start the App (tested with: Disney+, Amazon Prime, NetFlix) on the tablet and choose to send the audio to all the devices at the same time.

Not sure if the same works with every tablet - but it might be worth a try.

1 Like

Any update after 1 year?