V1.0.32 (pre-1.1.0) now available for beta testing

Sure. I would expect a dip down then until the fan spins down to adopt to lower heat. But here it goes up by 3 degrees. :slight_smile:

New bug / “bad feature”: manual keystone correction is not saved from one power off to next power on.

I’ll look into the SD card thing more deeply when I have some time to. I highly doubt it it is a bad card, though.

1 Like

DPI is now set a bit too high. Scaling looks good but causes some apps to default phone mode and not tablet mode. Not ideal, some apps are turned portrait due to this.

There is no dpi change since 1.0.26!

Woops, this is my first update since .25

(Dont want to see this Link please Outside this Beta Forum)

This Happens now for the Second or third time:

1. No Picture suddenly but Lightengine was on
  2. Fan Sounds suddenly weird / rattling
  3. No Power off via Remote possible
  4. After Shutdown via Button on the PPM everything was working again

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7WmoCBysj9acQ6Sg8

1 Like

Two apps that used to work (RaiPlay and Synology DS Video) now aren’t starting after upgrading.
Clicking on the icon does nothing. I have not upgraded the launcher, just 1.0.32 beta.

Also I had a few (three maybe?) crashes with Jitsi Meet and Skype, all in maybe fifteen minutes of trying all the apps in turn, and after the app crashed networking wasn’t working anymore, until reboot.
Wifi was on, but every app couldn’t connect to the server, cycling just wifi didn’t solve.

1 Like

It is a known bug which will be solved in upcoming release.

Strange! Let me know if it happens again.

I lowered my DPI to 240 and I am back to tablet mode apps. I used 240 and that’s a good medium for me between size of apps. Everything was a bit big before. The command to do so is:

adb shell wm density 240 && adb reboot

The default is 320. To go back to stock use:

adb shell wm density 320 && adb reboot

Going lower makes apps smaller and going higher makes them bigger. Use this cautiously!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the commands, I will do some Tests later.

1 Like

How’s the Philip’s provided UI though like settings and file manager?
I think those are not designed for dynamic scaling so supporting scaling settings isn’t trivial at the moment.

Both look perfect to me

1 Like

Then I guess no reason to not put a settings for the scaling? @Philips_Support_P, what do you think?

UI with adb shell wm density 240 && adb reboot looks like it was before the resolution was changed in 1.0.27. At least the proportions seem to be the same ? For me getting more app Icons on one launcher page was the better option then now with that big icons.

User interface is now scaled to 2x

Up to now the interface was running at 1920x1080, which is not ideal for most apps on a TV-like device. Text and UI elements were too small. Several of you have asked for this to be improved. In this update we have enabled HiDPI mode with a 2x scaling. This means the UI appears like 960x540 but continues to be rendered at 1920x1080.

With density 240 you’re running at virtual 1280x720.

It is still not planned as a user feature due to various internal issues. However if someone wants to change it themselves using adb, they’re welcome to do so. We will re-evaluate after v1.1.0.

1 Like

i think forcing the user with certain scaling is fine but the problem is that the effect on apps varies greatly to the point that some seems to not work at all anymore. I think that’s the issue that needs a solution more than what people prefer for the scaling.

1 Like

Noted. The dpi was changed based on user demand in the first place. We will look into offering 2 or 3 user choices since the demand seems high.

1 Like

Prashant, performance has greatly improved vs the .25 update I was on. I now have no issue streaming TV. You guys really are doing a great job.

2 Likes

What does the DRM info app do, and is it safe to update it independently? APKPure is offering to update it for me but I’m not sure I should let it.

This app is used in the factory to verify that Widevine decryption key is burnt correctly.

The default launcher hides it, you’ll need to start it from an alternative launcher or APKPure / Aptoide etc. It’s safe to update.

1 Like