V1.1.03 now available for beta testing

Yes, the occasional “problem with HDMI cable” on Prime Video is a known issue. Just retrying seems to work fine. We wanted to go ahead with it anyway since the user experience is much better than with the tablet app. We’ll be working on mitigating it in the future.

1 Like

Hi @fhteagle, I think you misunderstood. I meant, please check the change log announced for this beta. If your issue is not in that changelog, it is not fixed yet. Reporting that it’s still not fixed is not necessary since we already know this.

I’ve attached the last bug list exported from our system, hope this helps. The SD card issue is #472, unfortunately still open.

On a side note: PicoPix Max is a commercial product which is not open source. We’re also in peak R&D period of the year with 15 new products (+variants) with multiple teams working remotely. Thus the level of community engagement that you might expect from our dev team is a bit difficult to realize right now.

We’ll try for more transparency going forward. Thanks for your understanding.

Bugs List Exported.csv (2.51 KB)

3 Likes

Yes that was helpful to see the list, and I think it should be moved into it’s own topic as a temporary substitute for proper bug tracking, discussing the errors in the list, etc.

Just integrating upstream + add some new model numbers in the licensing section. Do you still have stability issues?

Screen delay from the Mac is still long, at up to 28 seconds from start, then gradually reduced to 22 seconds and so on ,after almost 10 minutes later it’s reduced to about 6 seconds,
while with the iPhone there is a slight delay on start up but a minute later it’s almost instant mirroring the changes on the phone screen,
While I didn’t time this before the update but I know it was much more responsive mirroring from the Mac before,
Nothing has changed in my home environment, same 5Ghz wifi etc, and during this test no bluetooth speakers were used, only the airmote was connected.

1 Like

Ok thanks, we did not include this AirReceiver in the OTA, but kept it as optional add-on for this version. I’ll have this checked before the next update.

1 Like

The final public release is the same as the one we beta tested @Philips_Support_P?

1 Like

Did factory reset removed the SD card and made an update to the latest release!
Inserted SD card and formatted it and transfered apps to it. (Worked fine)

Problems identified!

Auto focus is broken after update! Always very/extreme blurry!
Now always need to do manual adjustments…
(Any one else?)

24HR clock not shown on main screen only 12HR (Only seen on serup screen where seconds should be stripped out!)

Have some issues with PLEX app, unable to login, can be the aop… (Still need to do research on that one)

Image quality in the PRIME VIDEO app seams to be SD instead of FHD. (Settings seams to be right)

/J

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_P

There two issues i faced post update to V1.1.03

UNABLE TO SIGN IN TO NETFLIX - i was informed to update my Netflix, then i cannot sign in as it shown the app is not compatible with the device. Then i rebook the device to factory setting, then i was prompt to download the latest version for Netflix. I refused and i am able to sign in to Netflix app.

SMART YOUTUBE SLOW LOADING - Unable to load SMART YOUTUBE after sign in. Decided to watch the youtube via CHROME app.

SCREEN MIRRORING FROM IPAD - I am able to screen mirror from both Macbook and iPhone but not from iPad; got a feeling because my iPad is an old one though.

Improvements:

1. Picture sharpness is indeed much better

Cheers,
Shiau Lee

How exactly were you informed to update Netflix?
There was absolutely no announcement here that the Netflix app should be updated after the Firmware update.

You should switch back to the old version and when it asks if you want to update, just as you did the first time when you received the device, ignore the update.

How do you define slow? How many seconds/minutes?
This might be something I can confirm.
I just measured now, it takes 14 seconds for the S-Youtube App to start (from the moment I click on the icon, till the S-Youtube interface is loaded and displayed)

@dragos It took 19 seconds to load and i cannot load Englis subtitle in some Korean videos. However, i can watch the Korean shows in Youtube.com in Chrome with English subtitles.

1 Like

Yup. I update the Netflix app when i was prompted to when i load the app after i updated my firmware, then realised it was a mistake when i cannot sign in. So i reboot the PPM again, this time i ignored the update and i am able to sign in again.

2 Likes

I can confirm autofocus issue. However for me I had working autofocus out of the box (old system software) and once I updated to the version before this one, autofocus was always blurry and has to be manually tweaked till it’s sharp.

The autofocus algorithm needs serious improvement and I’ve notified @Philips_Support_P that the pattern they are using is not very precisely drawn and what makes matters worse is that when the focus overlay is displayed, the middle part of the pattern is a bit see through, which leads to further problems with contrast and detection. I made a patched version of the focus APK with the same pattern but opacity increased, however gaea.com.gaeawm or the focus APK is a persistent app and I cannot update it, also possibly due to signature mismatch.

While I believe the users who say they have issues with their focus after the update, I can’t confirm their findings as I’ve seen a completely different result on mine. Mine focused well before the update from 1.1.02 to 1.1.03 and still does so after. So to say that the firmware update alone is to blame for any focusing issues is something I’m not prepared to do yet.
I have 2 other devices still on 1.1.02, I’ll update them tonight and see how the focusing stacks up on each.

Interesting. Ivo, I think it’s not the actual update that’s messing up autofocus but something that happens during the update process that causes problems with the autofocus app or system. Maybe updating causes the clearing of the cache or app data because I had to sign into Netflix again after updating.

Also for example, there was an instance with me on the previous version where the autofocus overlay used to come up but would be super laggy when the UI graphics rotated while I would focus manually. It hit me that I should probably clear the app cache or close all apps as that may be causing the problem because it didn’t seem like a hardware issue. So I went to the system optimizer option and did the optimization. The focus overlay UI instantly became smooth and I could hear the motor moving but (but AF was still not working unless I manually focused). So my best guess is the app saves some sort data to keep track of how much the motor has moved and or what the status is. Also it’s worth noting that I did not have any other apps or processes running at the time that could likely cause a slowdown but could be that. @Philips_Support_P

1 Like

Remote response has been slow since this update, Anyone else facing this issue?
Also, @Philips_Support_P is there anything which can be done to increase idle timeout for bluetooth connection, since the speaker disconnects after being idle for few minutes.

1 Like

Experienced that if i had a HDMI device started while turning on the projector I was unable to switch back to the built in software using the home button. Had to remove HDMI cable to get to main screen, did then go into advanced settings and played around with various settings and problem is now gone!
(Cant remember at the moment what solved that one or if it just was a temporarily hang up with the remote.)

Will the factory reset actially reset all settings and cache for settings and apps?
Should you always do a factory reset after an update? Did it before the update!

1 Like

I now have 3 devices from 2 different production batches all updated to the latest firmware 1.1.03, and none of them have focusing issues either by manually pressing the autofocus button on the remote or by tilting the unit to trigger the autofocus. It’s always sharp on first attempt after it finishes the focusing routine.

I did have a funny behavior with the autofocus. It wouldn’t start at all when I was pressing long the focus button. Only the manual focus would work.
I did a System Clean-up and after that it worked again as expected.

Yes it’s the same one.

1 Like