Vertical Keystone

Is the vertical keystone done with a digital level, so that the projector senses the angle it is in, and assumes that the image wall is vertical? I am planning to use an angled screen underneath the ceiling in my bedroom. Will this work then? Or is it done by camera?

It’s done with a ‘digital level’ (gravity sensor). So the wall is assumed to be perpendicular to gravity.

But we fully understand your use-case. For this, a manual keystone adjustment option will be added soon. Until then, for internal Android you can use the 4-corner correction to achieve a similar effect.

5 Likes

Can the keystone be disabled completely?

Yes, just turn Auto Keystone off in Settings. But there’s a bug currently which doesn’t reset it back to zero, but just turns off automatic re-adjustment. It’ll be fixed soon enough. For now, please put it on a straight level surface and then turn auto-keystone off. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Prashant, can u still keep an option of turn off auto keystone but keep it as is? Use case is that i ust want ppm to remember the setting. Please add reset zero as an extra option.

2 Likes

What is the ETA on manual keystone control?

Being able to use it only on vertical walls is a problem, especially as it was promoted as being able to project vertically.

2 Likes

Hi, is there a way to manually adjust vertical keystone in HDMI mode?

1 Like

Not at the moment, it was inadvertently omitted. We are adding it back now.

2 Likes

In my experience so far, vertical keystone correction isn’t working well. Hopefully, this is be improved together with the manual settings. :slight_smile:

It can project vertically. I’ve used mine that way a bunch. Just point it at the ceiling and it works.

There’s a certain cutoff angle where the auto keystone switches between horizontal and vertical wall mode.

however, I find it easier to put the projector above the headboard and use Ceiling projection mode (to flip the image)

Any ETA Release version for this, we could add to:

?

Everything is on hold due to China situation. We are expecting offices to reopen next week.

1 Like