Video freezing while watching(netflix) and charging simultaneously

Upload the video to YouTube and, instead of setting it to either “public” or “private”, use the “unlisted” option. Then just post the direct link here - done!

2 Likes

The video is 1:22 long. But you can skip up until 0:50 — it is where the bug is about to start. The device was tuning on battery power.

Your video got blocked by Studio Ghibli inc

1 Like

Hello to all owners,

I have a problem since I received my PPMax and, despite the updates, factory resets and KODI application update, every time I start any movie (mkv, avi, mpeg, etc.) from my external HD with KODI, the film freezes at least 4/5 times and I am forced to turn off the PPMax … Then, after the many and boring restarts, I manage to finish watching the film!

Try to start video from PPX root but the result is the same. It also crashes when I try to access other basic applications, such as the “System cleaner”. I post a video to show you what happens…

PPX620 FREEZING ISSUE

If it is the same issue someone managed to solve it or is my PPMax broken?

P.s .: all the other applications present in PPXMax: VLC, MX player, etc., are either slow or can’t even access the folders on my external hard drive; the only one I can start movies with is KODI.

Thanks for noticing me. I’ll try to upload another video later.

I have a similar issue. But the device is freezing one minute or so after the start. But it is kind of random. Sometimes it works… but never while charging. If I charge and watch it will freeze. Most probably hardware issue

1 Like

The same happen to me!

1 Like

Have you already activated warranty replacement for this issue?

Yes, but they are taking too long to answer me. I created this topic, and A month later, after writing here and also an e-mail, they answered me. I did the “troubleshooting” They requested last week, but I’m still waiting for further coordinates to get a device that is not defective.

At the end, they are the ones loosing with this, because two friends of mine that were interested in buying the product decided to give up, just by experiencing the freezing bug themselves — which was also a bit embarrassing for me.

1 Like

… Thanks a lot for your “support”!

In any case, it is better if you write them an e-mail.

I already send it.

Hi guys,

Its me again! I have now a link of a video for those willing to visualize the issue.

I hope it helps @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

1 Like

Like I mentioned earlier: That looks like a defect with the projector. (When it freezes while playing video, the audio continues.)

I had an early production model, and the problem continued to get more and more common… initially only happening when the USB Charger was plugged in, but later happening anytime. When frozen, the resolution was halved.

The product was returned and replaced, and the new one does not exhibit this issue.

3 Likes

It also happens with my unit … Although as suggested I started it without the power supply but, only on battery, it always crashes!

By now my PPX is unusable, it also crashes when I turn it off after it has frozen for the fifth time!

Hey! thank for getting back!
How long did the whole process take? Do you remember?
I am still waiting for their response though.

This one I have never experienced myself, but your problem is similar to mine if not the same.

1 Like

Now demoralized at all, I put the PPX in the box and go back to see my series on my Android TV! :frowning_face:

I’ll chase them again, but I think you should both start a return procedure, which hopefully will go faster once we have the last few batches actually delivered (working on that as we speak).

By the way, top tip: if you’re going to mention me in a post about a ticket you raised with us, please include the ticket number as well. Saves me the time to go looking for it and allows me to quickly update the ticket or bring it to a colleague’s attention.