Video freezing while watching(netflix) and charging simultaneously

Sure Ivo, ticket is #29326.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reaching out again. 28768 That’s my ticket. I’ve done the troubleshooting they asked me in the last e-mail. I now must know the orientations to start the returning procedure.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the same issue.
Video freeze on netflix, disney+, kodi (stream and sd card), prime video…
Sometimes, it freeze on home screen and even on the booting philips logo.

I tried to factory reset, i manualy installed every firmware version. Some time it works for a few days without anny issue, but most of the time i can’t use it for more than 5 minutes.

I noticed that many of you have à ticket number. How do i do to have one too ?
Thank you for you help

(sorry for my english)

2 Likes

Hi there! Don’t worry about your english! We are an international community here!

Your problem is pretty similar to mine, I also tried many forms to solve the issue, as you just did. I would recommend you to not waste your time with this anymore — it can get to a very frustrating point.

The best thing you can do, is to write support@screeneo.com ( as you do you will get your ticket).

They will also — most likely— ask you to do the troubleshooting on the topic

**[PicoPix Max - power/display diagnostics]

I would also recommend you to do it in advance to make the whole process faster, because they are taking longer than usual to answer.

However, your device will be substituted for free given that the defect is confirmed ( so maybe some videos of the issue just to stay on the safe side?)

Best,

2 Likes

Thank’s a lot
This is really helpful
I’ll do it right away

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_T

Why is this taking that long? Can you guys please deal with me issue? Like, will I have to wait more 6 months to have a properly functioning unit?

1 Like

I do not know, I wasn’t handling any technical tickets, but I can check internally to see if the issue is being worked on or not.

Are there any specific movies you know to cause these issues, or is that irrelevant?

Update: I found your ticket, I see that the support technician sent you the Return Form, did you fill that in and send it back yet? Also, did you try to do a complete firmware restore from scratch yet?

What is the status of my RMA?!?

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P @PhilipsNono @PhilipsNono

Hey ivo, I‘ve filled the return form, but nobody contacted me up until today. Can you please check it out again? 28768

And you mean a factory reset? If yes, I did it already.

Once again I ask for you to check it out for me. It has been very unpleasant to have a device at home that I can’t use.

Best,

1 Like

It’s been a month since my service request for the defective product, it’s frustrating to have paid 500 euro for an item over a year ago and not be able to use it at all!!!

At least I would like to know if I will be replaced with one that works - sooner or later - or I can throw it in the garbage and buy another product from another brand!

They will replace it. It just takes them forever to respond, but once they do, the pick-up happens fast, and then it takes a few weeks to get a new one.

… So - maybe - in another year maybe I’ll be able to see a movie!

Hellooooooo,

I have had this exact issue and it seems to only be with PrimeVideo for me (although Netflix hasn’t been watched in a couple of months for me, so that might be a problem too).

When watching PrimeVideo, the PPM seems to lose frames and become jittery (which at first I attributed to my internet/PPM needing to buffer the video) then the video completely freezes and the audio continues. If i do not press back on the airmote in time, the PPM completely freezes and it is unresponsive from the remote and the touchpad.

The first time this happened, my PPm wouldn’t even switch off, I tried to manually switch it off from the power-off button for 20-30 seconds at a time and I just had to let the battery die on it. Since then however the unit power off button has been able to switch it off.

As you’ve mentioned, the fan becomes VERY loud and I would add that this has only happened so far when the unit has been plugged in.

This problem has been occurring for a month, for me, and seems to be occurring everytime I use PrimeVideo. I have tried to update PrimeVideo, remove and then reinstall PrimeVideo but I haven’t so far done a complete Factory reset.

What should we do about it Philips staff?

1)Is this software or hardware; it’s only started happening since the newest update 1.1.05 (i think)?
2) Do i need to open a ticket to start a technical query or even initiate a complete PPM swap?

Thanks in advance and keep up the hard work, I love my PPM <3

David

Unfortunately we do not know what to answer you … As you can see we have written it here in several, we have reported the defect via email to Philips but we are still waiting here for nothing, I leave the conclusions to you!

Cheers.

Fair enough, that’s true, but if more people experience the same issue and describe the symptoms on here then perhaps they’ll look into the issue more deeply. Perhaps we’ll also have more luck with getting a response with someone who is part of the technical team.

The forum is for discussion Sergio, let’s keep talking!

@IvoGrijt Likewise. I have the exact same issue and have raised a support ticket #30335. Clearly, spending a couple hundreds of Euros on something unusable was not what we were expecting. Would you be able to help chase up on my ticket?

1 Like

Your ticket was only logged earlier today, so it had not been picked up yet. I’ve assigned it to a colleague who will contact you for the further handling.

Thanks buddy. One question though, is this exactly a hardware or software issue?

1 Like

I would love to hear software… but I assume it is Hardware

Hi Phillips,

Having been advised to post on this thread about my issue with PPM because I am experiencing same or at least similar problem.
Simply guessing my problem seems more worse.
I’ve been using my PPM about two months since it got shipped to me in Canada Toronto.
The first incidence (PPM got frozen completely,
and the power recycle w/o power supply can only fix the problem) happened about a month ago. When the PPM got frozen, I am hearing very strange mechanical noises too. The noise doesn’t seem fan noises only but also mechanical vibration noises.
More issue is the frequency. It is getting more often and now it happens almost every time whenever I power on the unit and watch a video streaming for hours.
No HDMI or USB is used.

I don’t know how many peoples are being suffered from this issue. But it seems critical and getting worse day by day. So I am wondering if Phillips is aware of this problem and working for the fix.
Would you be able to let me know how I can solve this issue on my PPM.

Best Regards,

Joseph.