What about the noise level?

Hello,

i don’t speak about presentation but eco or normal mode. I test my picopix during one week and you are oblige to pump up the volume of bluetooth speaker if you want have a good experience when you look a film…It’s my point of view.

1 Like

Well the same goes for all modes. Im just talking about my expecience with presentation mode. I have had a lot of projectors during last five years and from my exprience all are loud specially the standard bulb ones. So from that perspective this one is less loud than my usual full size projectors having a slightly different humming sound due to different ventilator size used (smaller/faster spinning).

I guess having already had so many standard ones I expected noise so my expectations were actually it would be even louder than it is. The size of the box limits the size of the fan asking for a faster spin and louder noise - air through tighter tunnel produces more noise as do smaller ventilators. if you had 850 lumen light source in a bigger casing I would expect LESS noise due to bigger fan and more expansion space.

1 Like

We’re trying to improve the thermals in one of the next updates. I cannot promise exactly when, since this has a lot of impact on reliability, but we are working on it.

7 Likes

Hello,

real good news :blush:

thanks to try it! The DMAIC attitude is the right way :), not the feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope that stressed out of the component give good result for lower fan noise.

I’m waiting the next upgrade.

1 Like

Adaptive fan speed would be very nice option.

3 Likes

It’s in internal testing now and will be out for beta within a few days.

5 Likes

Any updates on this?

2 Likes

Why does a post from 4 days ago appear below one from today?

It’s been posted 4 days ago somewhere else but only moved to this thread recently.

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for your development, i’m very happy to test the new firmware with the noise optimization.

I’m very enjoy to have participate at this “adventure”

The PPM, one of the best pico of the world :slight_smile:

1 Like