Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

Is DSVideo (and the other Synology packages) working fine on PPM ?

1 Like

I got that yes - but having the movie pre-installed on the projector… :wink:

Unfortunately, my attempt at joking seems to have misfired somewhat. That can easily happen on forums.

1 Like

I got it, and I thought @IvoGrijt may have split the topic and added the suggestion to the Social Distancing features topic!

2 Likes

Oh my bad now I see the whole bit that you’ve quoted, that would be funny as a feature too

2 Likes

:point_up:t4:

:point_up_2:t3:

1 Like

Second evening with the PPM. I fooled around a little, trying to get some apps working that I didn’t have time for yesterday. Couldn’t get Viaplay to work yesterday, tonight I had more success with it.

Service: Viaplay (Nordic streaming service with movies, series and sports)
App Name: Viaplay
App Version: 5.16 (480)
Source: APKMirror: Viaplay 5.16 APK Download by Viaplay - APKMirror
PPM Firmware version: 1.0.29
Notes: The Aptoide version didn’t work at all. Installation of the APKMirror version requires that you first install APKMirror Installer (Official). Download it on a computer, put it on a USB stick or SD card and install it on the PPM. Needs the Set Orientation app to force landscape mode. This is the phone/tablet version of the app, so the UI is not ideal for use with a projector but it works.

Detailed installation instructions:

1. Use a computer to download the latest version of the phone/tablet version of the app on APKMirror (at the time of writing Viaplay 5.16 APK Download by Viaplay - APKMirror). Make sure you get the phone/tablet version, the version for Android TV doesn’t work. Copy the downloaded file to a USB stick.
  2. Download the APKMirror installer and copy it to the USB stick.
  3. Connect your USB stick to your PPM, turn it on and open the file manager. Choose “USB” and install the APKMirror installer.
  4. Install the Viaplay apkm file with the APKMirror installer. You have to use the APKMirror installer for this, as the apkm file is a so called bundle which contains all the different apk files that Viaplay needs.
  5. In Aptoide TV, install the “Set Orientation” app. Make sure you get the right one, there is a more recent app with the same name, but I couldn’t get that one to work. Open the app and choose “Landscape”.
  6. Open Viaplay and log in. It should now work.
  7. Don’t update the app in Aptoide TV! It will only replace the working version with the Android TV version that doesn’t work. If you want to update the app, please go through all these steps again, just with the newer version of the app.
2 Likes

I have no kodi on my max was not pre installed

It’s not preinstalled but available for download in Aptoide store.

I can’t download any apps even when I try from other sources they don’t show up in the file manager It’s very limited to what I can do & cant do

Isn’t there a kodi fix in the new update I thought kodi comes pre installed

They specifically worked on a fix for the performance of Kodi due to its popularity, but it doesn’t come preinstalled as of yet.

You can visit sites like

APKPure.com

Or

on your laptop or PC to download APK’s to a USB stick or SD card, and then install them to your PPM.
I would recommend downloading their own APK’s as well so you can install them to your PPM to complement or replace the non-accessible Aptoide store on yours.

Is this the only way? I tried these internally & couldn’t find them in the file manager

I mean after I tried downloading

What did you use to download them with internally, which app?

I just go on the sites click on download & try & find them on the file manager that’s pre installed

It’s as if they have no where to go when they get downloaded I can’t find them anywhere

My only other option is to use my android tv box through hdmi

Try looking in the Local Storage -> Download or InstallableApps folders.

I did that but with no joy doesn’t show the only one that’s there is updated aptoide

Just got my ppm yesterday and so far I’m satisfied. Especially that I got the app from my iptv provider to work.

Service: Swedish iptv provider
App Name: Telenor Stream
Source: Aurora Store
Full HD: Yes
Remote Support: Works best with mouse pointer
Notes: When you open you get the message that it won’t work without google services, but just click outside the message and then I was able to log in and watch all my channels and also HBO Nordic that is included in my iptv service.

Service: Swedish tv
App Name: SVT Play
Source: Aptoide Store
Remote Support: Works with mouse pointer
Notes: Works like a charm

Service: Swedish children tv
App Name: SVT barn
Source: Aptoide Store
Remote Support: Works with mouse pointer
Notes: Works like a charm

3 Likes

Dear djupsjob, may I ask how you installed the Viaplay app? I tried downloading it from the AptoidTV but did not manage to get it working. Very thankful for your assistance.

Yes, of course. As I wrote in the notes, the version on Aptoide TV didn’t work for me - it just showed a black screen when I tried to play a video. These are the steps:

1. Use a computer to download the latest version of the phone/tablet version of the app on APKMirror (Viaplay 5.16 APK Download by Viaplay - APKMirror). Make sure you get the phone/tablet version, the version for Android TV doesn’t work. Copy the downloaded file to a USB stick.
  2. Download the APKMirror installer and copy it to the USB stick.
  3. Connect your USB stick to your PPM, turn it on and open the file manager. Choose “USB” and install the APKMirror installer.
  4. Install the Viaplay apkm file with the APKMirror installer. You have to use the APKMirror installer for this, as the apkm file is a so called bundle which contains all the different apk files that Viaplay needs.
  5. In Aptoide TV, install the “Set Orientation” app. Make sure you get the right one, there is a more recent app with the same name, but I couldn’t get that one to work. Open the app and choose “Landscape”.
  6. Open Viaplay and log in. It should now work.
  7. Don’t update the app in Aptoide TV! It will only replace the working version with the Android TV version that doesn’t work. If you want to update the app, please go through all these steps again, just with the newer version of the app.
2 Likes