Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

@Jaakko_Valtonen, I got YLE Areena working with this APK Yle Areena H-5.2.1-3cb6517b1 APK app Android | APK APP GALLERY
Some other APK’s didn’t work without google play services…

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for sharing this. I am on list 3 so still in waiting mode.

Hi! I downloaded an earlier version of the app and it works great. No progress bar anymore :blush:

The version I installed:
se.svt.android.svtplay-6.6.4-

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know! =)
Is this version available through the Aptoid store?

https://m.apksum.com/app/svt-play/se.svt.android.svtplay

I downloaded it from here. Just scroll down to find the right version. Put it on a USB stick and copy it onto the ppm.

1 Like

Just for documentation, current status & version via:

Was this in reply to my question? I still cant see anywhere in there, what MXPlayer actually does, and what it does differently to VLC or the other standard Media Player?

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, but i meant more on the picomax itself. I cant see that MX player does anything! It won’t find Network drive or network, it wont read a USB, it does nothing for me. Whereas VLC can find my Personal cloud network drive, and the media player finds a usb with videos

All three players work for me and can read off my sd card so far all types of files I have as well, mostly mkv and mp4, but I prefer Nova player 1st as it’s got the best interface and ease of use, then MX player followed media centre and lastly VLC I just don’t like the colours and look of VLC and browsing through it is also a pain, but it still works.

1 Like

Which version of NOVE Player and download from where???

Service: Nova Player
App Name: Nova Player
Source: Aptoide Store Nova Video Player 4.48.5-20200513.1359 Download Android APK | Aptoide
Full HD: Yes
Remote Support: Works with Standard remote no mouse function required

1 Like

Sorry bud I miss understood :+1:t2:

Been using the PPM now a few nights and so far liking it a lot. My first projector and really appreciate the portability of this. Regarding your question I installed the YLE Areena from the Aptoide store and although it said it needs Google Play Services to run it works ok. Just clicked outside of the warning box and was able to continue using the app. Started few different shows and they played without problems. The version of the app was 5.2.1-3cb6517b1.

Tried also the live channels and it worked also. Installed also the Lasten Areena for the kids.

• Antero
1 Like

Did anybody successfully ran steam streaming on picopix?

So can your MX Player find movie files on a network/DLNA drive like VLC does? if so, i can’t work out how it does that in MX Player?

Well… it worked for me but not that good. Huge delay and all. Not sure what the root cause was though, could be my pc and/or connection, but did not invest any time in investigating it

I don’t think so. (I tried on my phone). You could use a file browser which can access you network and and open a file with MX player.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Disney+ has stopped working

Which extra codes to download for MX player ?? … Anyone knows?