Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

Been using the PPM now a few nights and so far liking it a lot. My first projector and really appreciate the portability of this. Regarding your question I installed the YLE Areena from the Aptoide store and although it said it needs Google Play Services to run it works ok. Just clicked outside of the warning box and was able to continue using the app. Started few different shows and they played without problems. The version of the app was 5.2.1-3cb6517b1.

Tried also the live channels and it worked also. Installed also the Lasten Areena for the kids.

• Antero
1 Like

Did anybody successfully ran steam streaming on picopix?

So can your MX Player find movie files on a network/DLNA drive like VLC does? if so, i can’t work out how it does that in MX Player?

Well… it worked for me but not that good. Huge delay and all. Not sure what the root cause was though, could be my pc and/or connection, but did not invest any time in investigating it

I don’t think so. (I tried on my phone). You could use a file browser which can access you network and and open a file with MX player.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Disney+ has stopped working

Which extra codes to download for MX player ?? … Anyone knows?

Hello,
I installed zwift on my PPM. But unfortunately it does not work. I can install it, I can start it. Then there is the blue startscreen with the big white letters ZWIFT. And than the error that it is missing a file ???
And it would be so, so great if this could work. Can anyone fix this? Philips? Zwift?
Kind regards,
John

1 Like

I couldn’t even get google play to open when installed, so you’re a step ahead of me.
I hope there is a way to run Zwift on the Pico natively in Android. If not I have an Apple TV 4K, but it will be a hassle to set it all up in the pain cave.

Service: Online video service
App Name: Prime Video-Android TV
App Version: 5.2.10-googleplay-armv7a , Build: 505002010
Source: AptoideTV Store
PPM Firmware version 1.1.02
Full HD: Yes
Remote Support: Works with Standard remote, almost no mouse interface needed, only required for adding things to watch list
Notes: No option to download shows and movies for offline viewing

MODERATOR EDIT
DISCLAIMER: This is the Android TV version, which may or may not depend on / require features only available in Android TV .

Adde, have you tried the TV4Play app? I can’t get it to work. It just displays the logo and then nothing…

I have also tested the Play app from the Swedish channel TV4. Same result as you saw, failure to start, showing just a small logo in the middle.

Hbo go doesn’t work

1 Like

Hi! Sorry, no luck with tv4play. Just the logo showing. I tried a few different version of the app.

I would like to install Movies Anywhere but could not successfully set up Google Play and Services. How did you get those to work?

Service: German public broadcast TV stations (live & media library)
App Name: Zapp
App Version: 3.4.0
Source: F-Droid.org appstore
Remote Support: Works with Standard remote, mouse interface required

Service: Open source android appstore
App Name: F-Droid
App Version: 1.8
Source: F-Droid.org website
Remote Support: Works with Standard remote, mouse interface required
Note: Not identical to the F-Droid app provided in the aptoid store (which does not work well).

Please consider adding the F-Droid appstore to the PPM by default, it is a reputable source of apps that usually are not very demanding regarding android version etc.

3 Likes

Downloaded DS video from Aptoide store and it works (and is shown on installed apps screen)
Service: Video streaming from Synology NAS
App Name: DS Video
App Version: 1.1.7-10060
Source: Aptoide Store
PPM Firmware version : 1.1.02

Not: What was the reason given for not using Google Services?

Microsoft Office ( Microsoft Office: Word , Excel , PowerPoint and more) doesn´t work. The separated Microsoft Office app (power point)… is working

Anyone found a work app for NowTV it’s the last thing I need to complete my set up. I remember it being a bit difficult on my previous Pico but have forgotten what I did?

Cheers

Robin