Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

Firefox… I’ll use Xplore or a USB stick tomorrow.

Finished the major part of our harvest today, just in time for Easter weekend so finish some time to play

1 Like

Grapes for wine, or something else?

Hi i would like to know if this is possible too

Avocados, below cost of production currently because of Covid, so it’s been a long hard slog, the PPM is some bright light (2760 colour lumens) at the end of my tunnel this week.

3 Likes

Anyone has tried BlueJeans the conference app? It appears to start, and work for the administration part, but when you try to join a conference you get an Android modal saying that network is not connected, which is not the case. Once you dismiss, the app restarts.

Could be great for the PPM to support conf apps, since there appears to be no video meeting app for Android TV at all.

I’ve installed Zoom :roll_eyes:, and have been thinking of installing Google Hangouts Meet and Microsoft Teams to support my sons when doing their Corona Lockdown HomeSchooling.

2 Likes

I have tested Microsoft Teams using a USB webcam with built-in microphone. It works although quite laggy.

1 Like

Google Meet doesn’t work, which was kind of expected. Skype does with minor issues, have to try Jitsi.

1 Like

Jitsi Meet does work. Now I need to install a backend.

1 Like

I found a video streaming app not allowed to be used on ppm and it says “not allowed for projector” and it’s working well with android phone/ tablet. what is going on?

Is there anything i can do in order to use it on ppm?

Does PPM have a built-in microphone? Where is it located?

AFAIK it does not. Nor does it have a camera. But you don’t need either for participating in a videoconference call, if all you want to do is display the meeting and not be seen or heard yourself.

1 Like

Or you plug a C920 in the usb port, and you have both a microphone (or two) and a camera.

1 Like

I was under the impression that the PPM uses a camera (below the lens) to perform the autofocus. Not sure if that camera can be used by an app, though…

Which app is that? :-o

1 Like

Rather then posting this in the “Working Apps” thread I thought it deserved it’s own topic.

For me, the PPM will be used primarily outdoors, away from internet, so the ability to store and playback files from the onboard storage is critical, but, I didn’t want to be navigating to movies through the file structure in XPlore or using the basic UI in the “Media Player” app.

So…

I found this app:

It works AMAZINGLY well, auto scrapes info and fanart etc, sorts into years, genres etc etc, very Plex like

I did find that playing ANY movie using the Nova video player dropped frames and was unwatchable, but, there is a setting to “Open with external player” and you can chose to open videos with MXPlayer, and if you select “Always” it will automatically open every file in MXPlayer, seamlessly.

Audio is in sync over BT, its just great!

So with my 128G micro SD card installed, I have a fully independent entertainment machine…LOVE IT!

8 Likes

Wow thanks that’s a really good find. I too am in the process of loading all my movies in to the sd card,
just gave it a try worked great, every movie was assigned in to the right place genre etc even the posters are a perfect match no matter where the files came from brilliant, I’m going to go through the settings and see if the playback can be improved cause the player offers a few extras such as audio boost which I like, other players default volume even on maximum seem too low, which I need to turn my speakers right up.

100% agree, the volume out over BT has been too low. I am using a JBL BoomBox which is insanely loud but often we can bearly hear the audio from the PPM… that might also be because we have been hosting Movie nights in the orchard…take a bit of oomff to fill 153acres!!

Thanks, I’ll try it out. I’ve just put a 128GB card in my Pico too. Glad someone else is enjoying how it’s supposed to be enjoyed! Will have an outdoor movie with the neighbours at the weekend, now it’s safe to do so. (According to the WA govt.)

Not to rain on your parade (I’ll check this app out later today), but doesn’t Kodi do all this also? It also plays the content natively without needing external players.