Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

Service: Control Android, especially media players, from Android phone
App Name: KDE Connect
Source: Aptoide, Aurora Store, probably elsewhere
Full HD: N/A
Remote Support: AirMote to setup app works
Notes: Need same app on both PPM and Android phone, need to be on same wifi network (that does not use client isolation), pair the devices in the app, enable some plugins and permissions manually on PPM. Then, VLC, Kodi, and some other apps can be play /pause / next / volume controlled, etc

Do you which version you are using? I tried downloading and running one, and while I managed to get it running okay (had to close chat and turn down bitrate), I certainly felt it could/should run more smooth. Do your version run as well as i.e the netflix app?

Hi Alex, kan je mij uitleggen hoe je deze apps download? Mvg, Henri

So the Disney plus app has worked well until now.

But today Iā€™m faced with a ā€˜new version availableā€™ splash screen and an update link that takes me to the Apotide store but doesnā€™t actually work.

Anyone figured out a solution?

2 Likes

Me too, anyone know a way to download the Disney+ app without the store? @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_T

1 Like

I am also interested in a fully working Disney + app with download button.

1 Like

UK PicoPix Max users, anyone having trouble with the BBC iPlayer app now? I used to be able to use both the BBC iPlayer and 4OD apps but they have both stopped working for me now :frowning:

1 Like

Same here! Disney+ wasnā€™t working, but the uninstall, restart, install did the trick.

BBC in the other hand, donā€™t work with that. Keeps saying to update the app, and wonā€™t do anything else.

@Philips_Support_N is it possible to do BBC iplayer over the cloud, like you did with Disney+?

Update it via APKPure https://m.apkpure.com/
This worked for me

Thanks @mmeidl. I did try that, but my Pico is not downloading anything (using Firefox or Chrome). Did you installed through USB stick or using another app directly in Pico?

Iā€™ve installed BBC Player from APK Pure through USB stick, and can confirm it is working as expected. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks! JIC, do you have any smart tricks for getting All4 to work? :wink:

General question here, being we are never going to get Google Play, and Aptoide is rubbish, APKPure is horendous to navigate on the PPMā€¦ how is everyone finding, downloading and sideloading their APKā€™s?

Iā€™ve been using a computer to navigate and find the APKā€™s and then using ā€œSend Anywhereā€ to get them to the PPM.

Itā€™s a right PITA.

Anyone perfected the APK/Sideload dance we have to do to make this PPM POS less of a cancerous headache to use?

AuroraStore works for me, have you tried it?

can anyone upload ppm max netflix apk?

Here you go.

Hi all,

Would it be possible to get two popular Australian TV network apps working with the PPM?

1. SBS On-Demand (Opens app and lets me browse content, crashes when I try to play anything) - https://apkpure.com/sbs-on-demand/com.sbs.ondemand.android
  2. 7Plus (crashes on launch) - https://apkpure.com/7plus/com.swm.live

Iā€™ve tried sideloading from APKPure, APKMirror (using the Android TV listed apps) using Aurora, casting apps from my phone, no luck. Is there a log file I can pull to try and get more info on why they are not working? Any tips or work arounds I could try?

KPN has a new app ā€œfor Android TVā€ which works very good on my PPX Max. As the normal KPN iTV app has stopped working (for me at least) I tried this one and it works pretty well. The only negative is that the app sometimes has trouble properly decoding the signal of some of the networks in my subscription (Xite is the one that comes to mind). You can download the app here KPN iTV voor Android TV APKs - APKMirror Itā€™s still in beta so maybe the problem will be solved from the KPN side.