Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

2 questions, to troubleshoot your problem :

• Are you trying to log in from a country where MyCanal is normally not available ? Because log in could be blocked by IP address in this case.
  • Are you really sure of user/password you entered (yes, using virtual keyboard on screen is not easy and is an error generating factor…) ? Can you try to plug a real keyboard, to avoid any mistake ?

I got Twitch from Aptoide and it works fine for me.
It didn’t work for the first 2-3 times but after these few times it works exceptionally fine. Maybe you can have another try on this!

I’ve tested myself Microsoft Office and I answer my own questions :

• In the video, do you know why the virtual keyboard appears in Word and not in Excel nor PowerPoint ? Can you get rid of it ? It appeared for me too, and I haven’t found how to get rid of it.
  • have you to log in in your Microsoft account to have full features ? These apps asked me immediately to log in, therefore I have done it. I don’t know if some features are available without signing in.
  • if yes, logging in one of these 3 logs you for all or have you to enter user/password for each ? Yes, when you sign in in the first app, you’re already signed in the others Office apps.

Finally, using MS Office directly in the PPM with a real keyboard/ trackball connected is a real option, as you don’t need any computer.

2 Likes

I’m using a wifi server from the X-plore File Manager app to wirelessly get files to my PPM. It’s a bit tricky but there are a lot of videos and explanations when you Google “X-plore File Manager wifi server”.
Another way is by using an USB stick or a Micro SD card.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

You can navigate to it directly on your PPM using your preferred browser. Chrome and Brave works so far in my experience. Then you can install the apk from the file manager in the Downloads folder or I think you can click the file directly in the browser after downloading.

Or like other said, put it in a flash drive :slight_smile:

I thought Android has a way to detect physical keyboards and hide the on-screen when one is connected. Doesn’t seem to work on PPM though. You can just install Null Keyboard if you want to hide the OSK. It’ll be very helpful if you have a keyboard permanently available on your PPM.

1 Like

The virtual keyboard does in fact disappear in Excel and PowerPoint, but not in Word…
Maybe a bug in Word.

But I can say that this keyboard (Trust Entertainment Wireless Keyboard) works very well with PPM.
The trackball move the arrow like a mouse, click buttons on the front left and right of the keyboard act as mouse buttons, thé scroll wheel scroll screens, Esc is like the Back button on the airmote, Alt-Tab switches between apps like Alt-Tab in Windows, etc…

1 Like

Link for Aurora Store please?

Any update? Need complete step by step instructions on how to get the Disney+ app working on PPM

1 Like

The link is literally in this thread?

1 Like

I think we should do a small survey on who prefers Aurora and who prefers APTOIDE. So we may take the decision to change it

5 Likes

I trust Aurora Store more but their app has no TV UI unlike Aptoide TV.
But to me personally, I only use Aurora Store, F-Droid and ApkPure.
I almost don’t use Aptiode anymore :sweat_smile:

Thank you Alex. There were 5 or more links. Also, I tried and downloaded Aurora. When trying to login anonymously, it doesn’t let you and is forcing you to sign up with a Google account.

Any other option to get this to work?

The Aurora Store have a disclaimer saying
Using Aurora Store with your own Google account may cause your account to be blacklisted, use at your own risk.
Is that something you also risk while using the Aptoide store?

Anonymous login worked for me, so I’m afraid I can’t help you with this one.

1 Like

No, I don’t think Aptiode uses Google accounts. Aurora Store on other hand tries to be an alternative client for the Play Store so it tries to use google accounts and offers a way to use a dummy account or your own account.

1 Like

I tried for for a while and it didn’t work. So I thought maybe an official workaround from @Philips_Support_P might be what’s needed.

I was talking about Aurora not Aptoid. The issue is that finding a proper Disney+ app that actually works. Aptoid doesn’t even have the Disney+ app anymore. The one they had was barely functional, so I think it’s removed.

It’s quite risky as a manufacturer to preload patched APKs from questionable sources, so we keep it to a minimum. Actually Netflix is the only one that I know of. The rest are stock apps from their developers. Some like ExpressVPN are special versions via partnerships.

I’ll see what we can do about Disney+ … we’ll try reaching out.

1 Like

Service: Movies Anywhere
App Name: Movies Anywhere
Source: Aptoide Store
Full HD: Yes
Remote Support: No, used bluetooth mouse or airmouse.
Notes: Need to install Google Play Store and Service. But I am able to play movies bought from Google Play, iTunes and Vudu

1 Like