Working Apps List discussion, feeds the Working Apps List

Hi @IvoGrijt,

As said before in this forum, apkpure seems to be a good source if the app is not on the Aptoide store.

I will look at it this evening, but as said by @kugiigi below, there could be an apkpure app in the Aptoide store which could then allow us to install apps without having to do it manually :

3 Likes

Well, I’ve tested yesterday what was said by @kugiigi and can confirm that it worked :

• We can find the app “apkpure” in the Aptoide store (better to install the version 3.xx).
  • As the app is launched vertically, it needs to be forced to landscape by an app, like the one proposed by kuiigi. A bit tricky to give authorizations to it (I’m an iOS user and novice in Android), but finally it’s OK.
  • Then in apkpure you can search for an app and install it.
  • You can manage easily apps installed (even those not installed thru it) in order to update or remove them.

Next step will be to identify in which fields Apkpure could be better than Aptoide.
I thought I would find a wider variety of applications, but ultimately so far I have always found what I was looking for in Aptoide (even Apkpure app :wink:).

Maybe Android fans and seasoned users could help :+1:t2: ?

Additional alternative app store :wink:
This is one is a lot closer to Play Store in terms of UI and I think same APK source? (not really sure)

2 Likes

Hello guys,
we have tested the Microsoft Office apps on our samples. It is working fine and even the sign in works.
Also OFFICESUITE is working

3 Likes

You can also download the apk from the synology website. Even the Android TV version works fine, except it doesn’t show on the launcher. I guess another of those instances @Philips_Support_P already knows about.

I’ve found that the app Set Orientation works perfectly for this. I used it to get the APKpure app horizontal. This is the .apk I used.

Edit: I used the wrong link, this is the correct app

1 Like

I’m going to have a look at this one too.
But, at the end, it would be better to keep only one app :wink:

Are settings simple and is the app free ?

Yes and yes, probably the simplest app on my PPM.

UPDATE:
Got it working!

Service: Disney+
App Name: Disney+
App Version: 1.3.0
Source: Aurora Store
Status: Almost fully working. Can’t use the arrow buttons on the overview page - the app will crash - and the information page can’t be fully accessed. But the video and audio quality are really good!

http://heuv.ink/PPMDisney.mov

1 Like

How exactly do I use this Rotation App? I have installed it but can’t get it to do anything as it’s telling me to pull down the Notification bar?

I’m afraid I linked you to the wrong APK, so sorry! It has the same name,
This is the one I’m using and it’s really simple and easy.

3 Likes

Alex, can you send us the APK you used?
We will add it on the Aptoide store

1 Like

Can you also check how it is done by the app and make it the default in the firmware?
I think it is crucial for mobile apps to work correctly on PPM. And personally I do have a couple of apps that needs this orientation fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Alex, this one works great, used it for APKPure and also F1TV.

1 Like

I downloaded it using the Aurora Store

Hi, thank you for this post and all the tested applications.
I’m novice in Android environment: could you explain me how you install such applications like myCanal, SFR TV or France TV Direct & replay?
I tried to find them in the Aptoide app without any success :frowning_face:
Thanks a lot for your help!

You can install Aurora Store from link I posted somewhere above. It’s the closest alternative store to Play Store :wink: And it’s open source :smile:

1 Like

I’ve installed at least MyCanal directly from the Aptoide Store.

In order to do so, follow these steps :

• You open the app Aptoide from the main screen.
  • On click on the « search » icon on the upper left.
  • you enter « mycanal » in the searching field
  • It proposes different apps (I think it’s different versions)
  • You choose the most recent one
  • You click on « install » and you follow instructions.
  • If it ask you to give authorisations, you click on « yes » or « allow »…
  • and that’s it.

You have to use airmote as a mouse by moving the arrow and clicking (your remote must be paired in Bluetooth)

Hope this help :+1:.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, really useful. MyCanal is now installed, but the new issue is that I can’t success to log in with my login/pwd into th app. (It’s really time consuming to enter these information letter by letter…)
Once the form is fullfiled, I have the mycanal logo… and then back to the home menu with invite to log in