Working external battery pack?

In addition to the questions from @ThunderStrk above:
How have you ascertained that it’s being powered by the powerbank, does the LED turn red when you connect it?

Anyone backed?

I backed the previous one plus the super port and they works a treat

Cool. Ive backed this as i wanted a supertank anyway, so it worked out great.

What is the difference between this supertank pro and the original supertank which they are still selling?
And I see they now have a sale for the supertank and charger bundle on their site.

To be honest, ive no idea :flushed: In the UK the pro works out about £115 for the super earlybird, and that was cheaper than the current s’tank.

What I like in the pro, is the upgradeable firmware to support future devices, which im hoping means 15v4a as the max is still 15v3a (which is fine 99% of the time)

Ill have a look at them side by side maybe tonight, unless someone beats me to it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ok think I just found it on kickstarter

2 Likes

Thanks fella, didnt even notice there were no USB A ports, may need to get another cable for some of my older devices.

It actually comes with one USB C to USB a
A adapter

Btw I’ve been using the Zendure super port since I’ve had my PPMax. Never touched the included charger. And I couldn’t be happier.

Hi. Im in India and unable to find a decent 45w power bank thats reasonably priced. Shipping from any other country is ruled out since the pandemic. Can anyone point me towards a good power bank which i can buy in India?

Can you send link “ where to buy”? thank you.

SOLVED! After hunting through a ton of power banks on amazon I decided to try the one I have linked below and am very happy to report that it seems to work perfectly. When plugged in the projector acts just as if it were plugged into the wall.

NUCLEUS 26,800 mAh Power Bank, OTG Technologies, with 100 watt Power Delivery & Quick Charge 3.0 Technology. Power your Laptop, Mobile phone and MP3 player On The Go; Compatible with Nintendo Switch.
by Innov8 Communications Ltd

I’ve just bought this one. Seems to be working fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B089GHHJV6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

I have a simple powerbank from liddl with usbc pd up to 15 v and that is working. Maybe the mentioned powerbank has 5v, 12v and 20v but not 15v…

Hello!

I know I’m late to the table, but just got a PicoPix Max and I am looking for a powerbank to charge it. Am am looking at these two. Do you know if any of these will do or would you have some other recommendations? Thank you!

Hi Bogdan, welcome to the party. As an option, I use a Zendure Supertank myself and I’m very happy with it. It charges the PPM, laptops, phones, etc. A drawback is it’s thickness and the delivery time.

Hi Voey,

Thank you for the welcome and for sharing this information with me.

I ended up buying the second one - Baseus Powerbank 30000mAh PD 65W and it seems to be working (the light turns red on the projector). It’s pretty bulky, the size of an iPhone 12 pro, but it does a decent job. One drawback would be that USB ports 1 and 2 only have a 5V/0.9A output which is not in accordance with the specs (they’re listed with 5V/3A). USB3 does 5V/2.2A.

Also, I found an Excel file with what other have bought and tested. It can be found here - PPM Power Supplies.xlsx - Google Drive. I think any PD powerbank that can charge a laptop should do just fine. the minimum output should be 15V/3A - which is the case for the Baseus I bought.

I use it with the original cable that came with the projector (that counts too as not all USB-C cables are designed for such power loads) and actually use the Picopix Max’s charger with the powerbank itself.

I thought I should share this information as it might come in handy for someone else searching for answers. If I have any other info, I’ll try to add another reply. :slight_smile:

Again, I thank you for your reply. Best of wishes!

1 Like

No, not any powerbank nor any wall charger will provide enough power with less than 4a.

I have a 65w Asus Laptop charger - in theory, as much a the PPX charger in terms of total output.

It’s fine for lower brightness, but if you want a full brightness (850 lumens) in the Presentation modem you need a charger with 4a. With this Asus charger, I have 3.25a / 20v = 65W

Something I don’t know yet is whether it needs to support exactly 4a/15v (=60W), or whether 4a/20v (=100w) is good as well.

So for now, as far as I am concerned, the only plug and powerbank to fully support max brightness is Chargeasap’s Flash charger and powerbank