Any case / bag is recommended for the PPM?

I think it has been mentioned previously on IGG that at a future point, additional accessories will be available for the PPX from Philips. As a backer product, we can’t necessarily expect all accessories to be available from the get-go. As an alternative, this hardcase looks like a good option for those seeking a ruggedised case for travel, etc.

2 Likes

Honestly without the hard case there I don’t see this as a portable product. Too much risk of damaging the lens using the pouch provided by them. Yes, I respect Philips decision on IGG that they will come out with a case and other accessories soon.
But I’m sure they will lose on market share because I’m confident that soon the case makers are going to get a hand on the PPM and create a mould for the case and start mass producing it for cheaper price.

2 Likes

I think I will order a tailor-made case for mine after receiving it. My ideal case would be something like the following:

Measure the size of ppm and all its related accessories, so that I can order a fit size eva foam

Eva foam for shock protection
Aluminum case for the look :joy:

Maybe add a handle as well

Perfect :partying_face:

2 Likes

Good job, thanks for sharing !

I like the Harddisk case idea… Looking great. Being a wood worker for my self I’ll most likely build a light wooden (western red cedar) box with the tripod integrated.

3 Likes

I just ordered this case with “DIY foam inlay”

2 Likes

I can’t quite tell from the picture, were you able to get the tripod in there as well?

No tripod. As I said, this is a makeshift case but does the job for me so carrying the tripod separately is not a big deal. I’d rather protect the lens from scratches with this case :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you cut the foam differently could you get the tripod in as well as everything else do you think?

1 Like

I tried, but the case was slightly short to accommodate both Tripod and the charger (Along with the PPM).
I felt it made more sense to have the charger in the case. Again, this is just a makeshift case. If Philips does not make one soon I know this company called ‘co2crea’ ( https://co2crea.carryingcase.org/ ) will make a case soon for PPM which will hold everything (PPM, Remote, Tripod, Charger)

2 Likes

a carbon fiber case would be awesome.

Wood is nice, I guess you won’t go for mass production, but keep us posted with the craft work, always nice to be seen :wink:

It will be another crowdfunding project. Looking forward about it.

1 Like

Thanks, this looks perfect.

I will… In April when I get back from overseas and have time

Good question, my first thought is something roughly like this case made for the Nintendo Switch.
:space_invader: :briefcase:

No idea how well the PPM will fit in that case, but there are bags/cases like that for many products, so if you take your PPM to a an electronics/games or camera store, there should be something that fits it nicely.

Do u plan to have the tripod in as well?

Yes - I hope the tripod will fit as this case is slightly bigger than the one used by hari_dave
Lets see in 2 months when I receive it from China :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone!

I found this case and it seems that it will fit very well with the projector… only one question remains: what are the dimensions of the charger?

Check out the offer:

1 Like

This looks neat! Thank for your suggestion.

1 Like