Any case / bag is recommended for the PPM?

I’d like to bring the PPM with me to go everywhere. Just wondering if Philips would produce the Philips brand case for the PPM. Or is there any good alternative case / bag suitable for this scenario?

2 Likes

It’s included! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes but the included bag looks not safe enough… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I have to agree. The included bag gets bulky once you put in the cables and tripod and such. I prefer a hard or semi-hard case for travel and that sits nice and flat on a shelf or something.

2 Likes

Hardcase sample from one user in telegram https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/K26AvSEy

10 Likes

Yes, that was me. I ordered this case from Amazon and cut some foam that came with it. Super easy. The case is just 15 $ on amazon

@Philips,
Sorry to say but this is something that is seriously lacking in your PPM kit. The pouch you provided is not enough to fully protect the PPM.
When I ordered my Anker nebula they were already providing a free hard shell case with the projector.

13 Likes

I think it has been mentioned previously on IGG that at a future point, additional accessories will be available for the PPX from Philips. As a backer product, we can’t necessarily expect all accessories to be available from the get-go. As an alternative, this hardcase looks like a good option for those seeking a ruggedised case for travel, etc.

2 Likes

Honestly without the hard case there I don’t see this as a portable product. Too much risk of damaging the lens using the pouch provided by them. Yes, I respect Philips decision on IGG that they will come out with a case and other accessories soon.
But I’m sure they will lose on market share because I’m confident that soon the case makers are going to get a hand on the PPM and create a mould for the case and start mass producing it for cheaper price.

2 Likes

I think I will order a tailor-made case for mine after receiving it. My ideal case would be something like the following:

Measure the size of ppm and all its related accessories, so that I can order a fit size eva foam

Eva foam for shock protection
Aluminum case for the look :joy:

Maybe add a handle as well

Perfect :partying_face:

2 Likes

Good job, thanks for sharing !

I like the Harddisk case idea… Looking great. Being a wood worker for my self I’ll most likely build a light wooden (western red cedar) box with the tripod integrated.

3 Likes

I just ordered this case with “DIY foam inlay”

2 Likes

I can’t quite tell from the picture, were you able to get the tripod in there as well?

No tripod. As I said, this is a makeshift case but does the job for me so carrying the tripod separately is not a big deal. I’d rather protect the lens from scratches with this case :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you cut the foam differently could you get the tripod in as well as everything else do you think?

1 Like

I tried, but the case was slightly short to accommodate both Tripod and the charger (Along with the PPM).
I felt it made more sense to have the charger in the case. Again, this is just a makeshift case. If Philips does not make one soon I know this company called ‘co2crea’ ( https://co2crea.carryingcase.org/ ) will make a case soon for PPM which will hold everything (PPM, Remote, Tripod, Charger)

2 Likes

a carbon fiber case would be awesome.

Wood is nice, I guess you won’t go for mass production, but keep us posted with the craft work, always nice to be seen :wink:

It will be another crowdfunding project. Looking forward about it.

1 Like

Thanks, this looks perfect.