Any case / bag is recommended for the PPM?

Hi Myminirocks,
The case suits me perfectly.
Actually I made a change since posting the photos. I opened the elastic band on the top, and then it fits perfect for the zmi powerbank.
So it sits on top of the projector, but very tight - not loose :slight_smile:

Good to know, mine should be here within…59 days! :hot_face:

You still rocking this setup?

I’ve found this one to be pretty good. £21 from Amazon in the UK. 2 layers of pick n pluck foam, so plenty of room to get everything in.

2 Likes

Nice - anymore ya geeks :nerd_face:? I know im going to drop this thing, and as its my favourite toy currently I need to make sure it stays alive!

Anyone rocking anything a bit trick?

1 Like

Turns out I had something already which was sort of for the nintendo switch (hence some of the cut outs arent perfect)

It’s from Jessops in the UK. I cant find a link currently (my dad bought it a few years back)

Dimensions 365mm x 280mm x 130mm.

It’s a a little big if all you want to do is store the PPM, but I reckon if you want to lob a few more accessories in, it will be great.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I have access to a laser cutter so I ordered a small flight case that would be big enough for the projector and then designed 5 inserts to cut (out of 10mm foam) to give me a slightly better way of storing the projector than the mesh bag.

I have started keeping with the projector a spare Chromecast + (because of the limit on Bluetooth when using HDMI) a BT transmitter, in case anyone was wondering what the extras were. Pretty happy with how it came out so thought I’d share to maybe inspire others who are also looking for a better way to store the Pico when not in use.

5 Likes

Not as neat as a laser cutter but I’m happy with the case

1 Like

I do have a 3D printer. Guess I now need a laser cutter, this looks awesome :wink: What’s the one you have? I know, very off-topic. Feel free to answer via PN.

So my case from AliExpress finally turned up, it’s the same one as @DonJazz
It took me a while to work out exactly how to fit it all in but in the end I’m very happy with the result.

My Zmi is the 15000mAh so a bit bigger then DonJazz so I decided to put the Zmi in the elastic pouch side, so it would stay put when opening and closing the lid. With the PPM on the left as well, they both sit nicely together. I put the PPM upside down to ensure no chances of scratches

The charger is the tallest item in the case, this caused an issue. So the only option was to unstitch a few of the elastic loops to accommodate the USB-C cable, and still allow the charger room.

All in all very happy for AUD$16 delivered (even if it took 2months)

Some photos to try and give an indication of size

2 Likes

Great idea, I hadn’t thought of that one! :sunglasses: :+1:t4:

Well I had to make sure I keep the shiny mirror finish to be able to look at my good looking reflection :wink:

1 Like

Oh behave!
:man_in_tuxedo:t2:

Thanks! It looks perfect to me. Just ordered it :slight_smile:

I decided to go for the LTGEM EVA Hard Case (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LTGEM-Hard-Case-for-Seagate-Expansion-2TB-3TB-4TB-5TB-8TB-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive-USB/33037493514.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6e6e4c4dTahxYF or https://www.amazon.com/LTGEM-Hard-Desktop-External-Drive/dp/B07S7Q71VJ/)

So far I’m really happy with the result!

3 Likes

I was tossing up between that case and the one I ended up getting, nice Tetris job even getting the tripod in!

1 Like

This is the case I bought 4 months ago:

There’s no foam inside but some soft straps with velcro and this is very versatile.

Lot of space, as you can see.
The top cover has a storage space with a net, extremely useful to store any cable, DVD player, USB stick, or anything else.

A hard shell, a strong zip, a small size and a soft price make this product my first choice

This Lowepro Hardside 80 can be found today for no more than 30€ (I paid a little more). I think it’s a very good deal, and compatible with future silicon case from Philips.

1 Like

I moved your post to the thread with all the recommendations and backer bought solutions.
Happy shopping!

thank you, I used search but I didn’t find all the posts, funny…
Regards
Robert

1 Like

I’ve ordered this simple case for less than $10 with a delivery fee.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_9HNHUI

PS also I would recommend this nice L Bracket Quick Release Plate for a wall mounting. https://a.aliexpress.com/_A6AfE2