Audio is not sync'd with the video

Hi, great work on getting to the bottom of this. I’ve had similar issues with Bluetooth audio slowly getting more and more out of sync with a JBL XTREME2. No problems with that speaker with any other devices, only with the ppm. This was while playing mp4 files from a USB plugged in to the ppm with the vlc app.

1 Like

Using which app? Please edit your post to include that.

1 Like

The sound bar is a YAS 209 from Yamaha. Please note that the bar is synced at start and shift progressively but never compensate. On my side, I’ll try the following:

• unpair the airmote (and check Netflix and Disney+ once again)
  • try Kodi
  • try Amazon Prime

I’ll keep you informed.

Hi there, I have tried to unpair the airmote and disable the trapezoid correction but it doesn’t change anything. Netflix, Kodi, and Disney+ (at least) continues shifting.

It’s probably your sound bar that’s the problem… I have no problem with a JBL box…
however… it might depend on the app you’re using…
in KODI, there’s an option within the app, where you can adjust the sound delay… just start a movie and see the options panel.

1 Like

It’s not the sound bar issue. I have Bose Soundlink Evolve and the only one issue is with the PPM. I have no problem with my pc or cell phone. Almost all common apps have audio/video sync option (MX Player, VLC, Kodi …etc.). But since this sync offset is progressive it’s useless.

Hi @sukei, does pausing, waiting 1-2 sec and unpausing, cause the sound to sync back up? Or does it stay delayed once it goes out of sync?

1 Like

I tried once, it didn’t work. I’m going to do it again to confirm this.

Curious - what is the distance between the PPMax and the YAS 209? Just for the sake of testing, does it help to minimise the audio sync issue if the distance is nearer eg. 1 meter?

The PPM and the YAS 209 are 2,50m away from each other. The PPM is above my head, and the sound bar is on the wall. @Philips_Support_P is this something valuable to test? BTW, my setup isn’t going to change (It can’t).

@Philips_Support_P Ok, I tried again pausing the movies for seconds to sync the sounds. It’s a bit weird, but it works for Netflix but not for Kodi. BTW, I got another issue with Kodi where the sounds sudendly stop being casted to the soundbar. I’m going to try again just to know if a too large shifting cause this issue. This second issue is an other isolated bug, I just tried with an other movie and the sound is still there (shifted for 3sec, but still there).

Same here, I am using YAS109, using Bluetooth watching Netflix. Sync at the beginning, but shift a little bit through time. When I pause, sync again but the problem still happens. I had turned off the surround function, it seems better, it take longer time to shift.
Is there any solution on projector side? Such as delay setting?

From my experience, the distance between the PPMax and the Bluetooth speaker makes a big difference.

If possible, for testing purposes, try to temporarily place the Bluetooth speaker very near to the PPMax (eg. 1 meter) and see if it makes a difference in your case.

Cheers.

@Philips_Support_P I’m using sony SA-CT390 sound Bar and having also having issues with the audio/video sync. I’m wondering if you found any solution for this bug? This is very frustrating :frowning:

It would be better to have a PicoPix Max One for that.

Hi I’m having this same issue when using either installed streaming apps like HBO Nordic (via Kodi) Disney Plus or video files from a usb drive (VLC or other apps). The audio will have either regular skipping or drift out of sync.

However if I connect my Apple TV via hdmi there’s no audio issues as presumably the audio is going directly from the Apple TV to the receiver.

The Bluetooth receiver is a Denon integrated amplifier PMA-30.

Use KODI and set the desired audio delay in the playback settings. You can even make it default for all videos.

Look here: https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/playback-plagued-with-either-video-or-audio-issues-all-stock-apps/11141/7?u=myphilipsid

Hello, same issue here:
Philips tv 65PUS8545 and soundbar TAB6405 connected via bt, both bought one month ago…
when playing tv internal apps everything is ok, when playing hdmi connected iptv set-top box it works for a few days, then it starts to emit unsynchronized voice via both, internal speakers and the soundbar. Impossible to listen. TV Voice output setting is soundbar.
TV is being run by the most recent sw version, tv factory reset solves it for some time - few days. This makes me pretty sure it has something to do with tv sw.

Hi Sukei, may I know the outcome of this? I am also using a Yamaha YAS-109, and I have the same problem. It is in sync in the beginning, then it drifts away.

Hi Berniceong, unfortunately I brought back the soundbar and take another one. I feared that they would never fix it.