Baseus 65W USB C charger

I know that but with my URL Post which you can see above I dont get the nice embeddes Preview Ivo had :wink:

Found that out myself just now that’s why I deleted all my previous posts. Tried but failed :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Try sending a message to discobot, he’ll teach you a lot of cool stuff!

Hint: what you wanted to do is called a Onebox

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how come the same works in Facebook posts but not on this site. I’m honestly interested :slightly_smiling_face:
The last time I did any web design was 20 years ago :joy::joy::joy:

Here you need to have the url by itself on an actual new line. Nothing in front or behind it.

2 Likes

Thanks Master Ivo :grimacing::sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

As others have commented, the PD chargers out there are hit or miss. If you can ensure it is delivering the 3A or 4Amp then you will be fine. With that said, HyperJuice 100W works with the projector. I needed something that was small and compatible with both my Apple MacBook Pro 15 i9 and this projector.

3 Likes

FWIW, my Anker PowerPort Atom III PD Slim works just fine at 45W while the projector is on (15V 3A), and 20W when off (15V 1.33A).

2 Likes

After the disappointment of the Baseus, I found this charger to work. It is even smaller and charges the PPM at the same 15V 3A that the Baseus promised:

I hear a buzzing sound from my PPM charger. The device itself is working good, but when it is plugged in a buzzing sound emerges.

My questions is can this harm PPM device itself? I don’t mind the buzzing sound itself. Just want to be sure that it will not affect the device somehow.

You may learn a bit more about ‘coil whine’ (the official term for the noise you are describing) in other topics in the forum.

Thx. I have read it all, but can’t seem to find anything about safety issues. Do you know if it is OK to use it?

It’s not considered harmful at the moment, no.

I’ve tested these two PD-Charger:

works fine with PPM:

Did not work with PPM: RavPower

When you say it works with PPM, do you mean it is supplying PPM with enough power to run (without discharging the battery), or it is supplying the PPM with enough power to both run and charge the battery in the same time?

Hi,

I have now tested the following scenarios:

• Eco mode: PPM is powered and charges the battery (LED = red)
  • Normal mode: PPM is powered and keeps the battery charge constant (LED = red)
  • Presentation mode: PPM is powered - battery loses charge (LED = blue but flickers sometimes red)

In all modes, a film was played during the tests via the pre-installed Netflix app.

it seems that the charger is not delivering enough power in presentation mode.
Eco mode and normal mode seems to be fine.

1 Like

Regarding the Baseus charger: there is a nice teardown of the charger here:
http://www.chargerlab.com/baseus-65w-2c1a-multiport-gan-charger-teardown-review/
Seems that the chip used to negotiate USB-C PD might have issues with the PPM, since that chip is also used in RAVPower and Aukey chargers, all three of them fail to work with the PPM
@Philips_Support_P can this be addressed in a future firmware upgrade, or is this simply a compatibility issue between the PD standards used?

1 Like

Have anybodu tryed this charger?

Have not tried it, but the docs read this line:
“AUSGANG: 20,2 V - 4,3 A (USB PD) / 9 V - 3 A (USB PD) / 5,2 V - 2,4 A (USB PD).”
If that’s correct, it will not work with the PPM, since that needs 15V/4A or 15V/3A

Hey there did you get it to work in the end? If not is it possible for a software update to fix the issue? I bought the charger just for the projector.