BINGE App not working

Has anyone successfully installed the Binge App? I installed it, but when I want to open it, it says there is an update to install. If I choose yes, nothing installs and still cannot open App without the same message again. If I choose cancel, same result. I was glad to see the aBinge App available, but useless if it cannot be used. Am using latest firmware.

I"ve had the same issue David. I also tried Binge on my iPhone using Airplay but no luck. Also having issues with Stan! Hopefully someone has a solution. I tend to think it may be a digital rights access issue.

Hi Josh. You’d think Philips would make sure apps successfully install and work on a test platform before allowing them to be accessed. Others must have had this problem, surely, yet I have not seen it posted as an issue before now. Hopefully Philips will fix it now.

Philips is only testing the apps that are installed from the get go, all apps downloaded from third party sources like app stores or sideloaded apps via downloads are at your and the app programmer’s mercy. Philips only provides the Android base, everything else is yours to play with.

Which is sad, considering nobody knew beforehand that the google certification would be missing and a lot of apps rely on that.

Thanks for that. Didn’t know that was the way it worked, or not worked? Just thought since I downloaded Binge from the projector’s menu of apps that they would have been approved as working and suitable for use with PicoPix Max. So I should contact the app’s developer to report the issue?

If by “projector’s menu” you mean the Aptoide app store, then no, most of the apps available there have not been tested by Philips Projection. There are some apps where a bit more work has been put into (both testing and adjusting), but most apps weren’t checked.

Apps not working can have a multitude of reasons, but not having Google GMS and Widevine L1 certification is the most common one. You could try to talk to the app manufacturer if there is another way to get the app running, yes. Good luck!

Hey! This has only just started happening with mine. Weird how it worked for ages while you’ve had problems for a while. Had you found any solution? Really frustrating. I tried contacting Binge and they said Binge isn’t supported on all Android devices… which isn’t helpful…