Bluetooth issue when remote and sound bar are connected

Keep us posted on your results!

The audio extractor works. Ordered AmazonBasic one, used digital optical cable for sound bar.
Itā€™s just the wired option really defeat the purpose of PPM being mobile and wireless.
I understand this is a hardware limitation so I guess we have to live with it.

Still looking forward to Philips resolving the bluetooth latency issue.

2 Likes

Hi all!
I am getting this Bluetooth out of sync/stuttering issue.
This issue gradually got worse after 2 days of usage.
Using a BOSE Speaker Home 500 via Bluetooth.
The remove battery from the airmote solution works for me for now.
This really shouldnā€™t be happening. Seems like the software is unable to properly support multiple Bluetooth devices?
@PhilipsPrashant

3 Likes

I also have this sound stutter issue when both BT speaker and air remote are connected by BT. Once battery removed from remote, it works fine! Please to fix this issue

1 Like

Hi any further updates regarding the airmote screwing up the Bluetooth audio by causing stutter and audio lag?
I just worry the airmote is going to be damaged from constantly removing the battery.
Thanks!!

2 Likes

The guys are still working on it but their first two suggestions were to

• avoid using 2.4ghz wifi and to use 5 ghz wifi
  • not keep the remote too far from the projector

The root cause seems to be (2.4ghz) rx/tx power adjustment when multiple devices are connected and specially if one or more of them are far away. Then the transmission power adjustment conflicts with wifi power adjustment as both use the same antenna. Using 5Ghz wifi can at least mitigate if not solve this completely.

Theyā€™re trying to get an improved driver from chip vendor to see if a better coexistence algorithm helps the process. Actually the issue started since 1.0.26 so Iā€™ve asked the engineer to diff it against 1.0.25 source.

6 Likes

Hi Prashant - thanks I am using 2.4ghz WiFi as it has a longer range. Will try 5ghz later and see if Iā€™m still having the same problem

Thanks for looking into this!!!

Update: I can confirm that the lag and stuttering is now gone after changing to the 5ghz band on my router. Hopefully it stays fixed!

1 Like

Actually that should be something people should try if they have 5Ghz wifi, because Iā€™ve been using a Sony soundbar a Logitech keyboard a Logitech mx master mouse plus the air mote all on bluetooth without a problem in my living room,
but when I move to the bedroom with an old pair of speakers and only the air mote and mouse it stutters, but fine if I switch off the mouse, so because the speakers are about 10 years old Iā€™m leaning to think that is the culprit

2 Likes

My Wi-Fi offers both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I cannot disable the 2.4GHz because of other devices that uses it.

@Philips_Support_P, Is there a setting on the PPMax to force it to connect on the 5GHz only?

Thanks.

Split the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz ones in your router and rename them accordingly and than just connect to the one you prefer. I did that on my router

4 Likes

Ya - what I did was to forget the 2.4ghz SSID WiFi profile on my PPM and leave only the 5ghz SSID. So the ppm will only log on to the 5ghz band.
Hope this fixes your problem too William

3 Likes

Good one! Iā€™ve also changed my PPM to the 5GHz SSID and it works much better now! Speakers in stereo mode without stuttering AND remote working.

2 Likes

When I pair both the Air remote and a Sony SRS-XB41 speaker via Bluetooth, the remote seems to interfere with the audio signal. Audio cuts out intermittently. When the speaker is paired on its own, audio works uninterrupted. Should you be able to pair more than one device without issues?

There is indeed a problem. Please take a look at this post where it has been discussed.

1 Like

Hi, it doesnā€™t change anything by removing batteries. My major 3 works perfectly whereas my Backbeat is jerkyā€¦ This is weird.

You might not be having any issues with your ā€˜major 3ā€™ audio output because you added that audio source after the Backbeat.

Have you tried using a wifi SSID that is not on a 2.4ghz wifi band? This generally fixes the sound lag/jerky problem.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi,
yes you are right I add it after the Major 3. Can I unpair and pair again to fix the problem ?
What is wifi SSID ? How to use it ?
Thanks,

Hi mate
Unfortunately, unpairing it and repairing it wonā€™t fix the problem - I have tried that before.
Wireless connections (Wifi) have two kinds of radio bands - 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz.
Usually your internet router will name the 5.0 ghz band as abcd_5G (aka SSID) or something. So make sure you are connected to the 5ghz band not the 2.4ghz band.
Perhaps a quicker way without over complicating things is use your mobile/handphone data to hotspot to the PPM and see if you still have the lagging/jerky sound issue. If you no longer have that issue that means you are using a wifi connection that is on a 2.4ghz band.
hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks ! The problem is my PPM is too far from my router to use the 5ghzā€¦ Iā€™m using a wifi repeater alreadyā€¦

I know of some wifi repeaters that support 5ghz bands. Might be worth checking if yours does. Before that just see how you go - if your sound works fine when you are using mobile data then you know thatā€™s the problem.

This 2.4ghz issue is part of the list of things that needs to be fixed - just donā€™t know how long thatā€™s going to take :thinking:

1 Like