Can no longer cast from PC Chrome tab

Hi there, I’m running picopix max version 1.3.0 and chrome version 124.0.6367.119 (both on the latest versions available). I was part of the original indiegogo campaign. For the last several years, my preferred way to play movies on the projector is to open the movie on disney plus or netflix on my Windows PC’s chrome tab then cast it using the chrome settings cast tab option. I hadn’t used it for a few months but today when i went to go cast it (aside from chrome moving the cast option into a submenu) now when it tries to cast to my newly updated picopix max, i can see the ppm option in chrome, but it just flashes the projector screen like it’s about to start casting, then returns to the main screen. Then i try again and it does the same thing. Then the PPM option no longer becomes available on chrome. This was a similar experience before i updated the PPM to 1.3. Did something happen that broke this ability to cast? I’ve been trying to use the onboard disney plus, netflix, and amazon prime apps on the picopix, but they’re very clunky and usually don’t work at all (just bad interfaces, sometimes the clicking doesn’t work, sometimes it does, but it takes forever to get working). How do I fix this so I can go back to casting from chrome?

Thanks!

Hi there,

It sounds like a frustrating issue. Here are a few steps to try and fix the casting problem with your PicoPix Max:

1. Restart Devices: Restart both your projector and Windows PC.
  2. Check Network: Ensure both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
  3. Clear Chrome Cache: Sometimes clearing the cache in Chrome can help.
  • Go to Chrome settings > Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing Data.
  1. Update Firmware: Double-check if there’s a more recent firmware update for the PicoPix Max.
  2. Try Another Browser: Test casting from a different browser, like Edge, to see if the issue persists.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it may be worth reaching out to Philips support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Best,
RHJ

It sounds frustrating that you’re experiencing issues casting from Chrome to your Picopix Max projector after the recent updates. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this:

1. Restart Devices: Sometimes a simple restart of both your PC, the Picopix Max can resolve connectivity issues.
  2. Update Chrome and Picopix Max Firmware: Ensure both Chrome and your Picopix Max projector are updated to the latest versions. New updates sometimes address casting compatibility issues.
  3. Check Network Connection: Ensure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that there are no network issues affecting connectivity.
  4. Clear Chrome Cache: Clearing the cache and cookies in Chrome can sometimes resolve casting issues. Go to Chrome settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data, then select “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data”.
  5. Reset Chromecast: On your Picopix Max, you can reset the Chromecast settings by going to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Chromecast.
  6. Reinstall Chrome Extension: If you’re using a Chrome extension for casting, try reinstalling it to ensure it’s functioning correctly with the latest updates.
  7. Contact Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Philips support or check the Picopix Max community forums for more specific troubleshooting steps or updates related to casting issues.

I hope one of these steps helps you get back to enjoying your movies via casting from Chrome to your Picopix Max projector smoothly!